Facio ergo sum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, My name is Steph.
I'd like to discuss with people who are also going to be studying Philosophy at Newcastle university, starting this September.

Is anyone worried? Why did you choose Philosophy? What accomadation will you be staying in?

Personally I'm abit apprehensive. I'm currently on a gap year, so I'm maybe out of practice with studying. I'm trying to keep on reading and learning. I understand that no prior philosophical study is necessary for the course, so perhaps I shouldn't worry about being out of practice. I just want to feel like I fit in and not be at the bottom of the class. I want to meet new people and have in-depth and interesting discussions about lots of different philosophical topics. I figured a post on TSR would maybe be a way to get the ball rolling lol.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will be fine. Even the kids that get As at a level in philosophy aren't hitting dazzling heights in year 1 of degree study, in my experience. You will all be in the same boat and face the same sorts of struggles and learning curves. Don't stress
elmo113
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I am studying philosophy at Newcastle too this coming September! I am probably as nervous as you are but I am sure we will enjoy it!
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm trying to keep on reading and learning.

You sound like a great student already.
florensondave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! Also starting Philosophy in September and I’m equal parts scared and excited lol. At least it seems like we’re all gonna be in the same boat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (3)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (3)
50%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads