Piercing back won’t come off. Watch

ChloeGuns
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got an outer conch/flat helix piercing done last Saturday and yesterday I woke up to the ball ‘missing’ off the front. It’s been one day, and I still can’t get the back off, so the front has semi scabbed over, meaning i can’t really stick it back through. Then it popped into my head, what if the ball is still on it and it is in my cartilage? Would I know if it’s in there? Could I feel it? Would it hurt? Or is it not coming out because it’s swollen?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you would be able to feel if the ball was inside your cartilage. So, what's on the front of it now the ball's come off? Is there like a platform type thing that the ball should stick on to, or is it just the tiny thin stud pole? If the latter, it should really just be able to pull through to the back without you needing to take the back off.

Go to your GP as soon as you can (or a walk-in centre). They have to dig a lot of earrings out, and it's much easier the earlier you go, or it'll only get more stuck.
ChloeGuns
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I think you would be able to feel if the ball was inside your cartilage. So, what's on the front of it now the ball's come off? Is there like a platform type thing that the ball should stick on to, or is it just the tiny thin stud pole? If the latter, it should really just be able to pull through to the back without you needing to take the back off.

Go to your GP as soon as you can (or a walk-in centre). They have to dig a lot of earrings out, and it's much easier the earlier you go, or it'll only get more stuck.
I’ve found the ball, it was lodged into my cartilage but I managed to poke it through and unscrew it. I’ve changed the piercing to a longer bar and thoroughly cleaned it. Thank you for your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (145)
24.37%
Pop (145)
24.37%
Jazz (26)