Samalamadingdong
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm from Northern Ireland and got my loan from Student Finance NI for my undergraduate degree. I now want to pursue a post-grad degree, but I need finance from SFE as SFNI don't provide even enough to cover the course fees nevermind helping with living costs beyond that. I've lived in England since I started uni in September 2016, only returning to NI visit my parents for some holidays. I met my partner (who is English) whilst at university and have spent a lot of time at their house too, and at the end of my degree lived with them for nearly two months before returning to NI to visit my family. I will be going to live with my partner should I not get finance to enable me to do my master's course and will continue to live in England either way. I'm unsure if this qualifies as living in England permanently and if I can apply for finance through SFE. Any advice would be appreciated.
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Samalamadingdong)
I'm from Northern Ireland and got my loan from Student Finance NI for my undergraduate degree. I now want to pursue a post-grad degree, but I need finance from SFE as SFNI don't provide even enough to cover the course fees nevermind helping with living costs beyond that. I've lived in England since I started uni in September 2016, only returning to NI visit my parents for some holidays. I met my partner (who is English) whilst at university and have spent a lot of time at their house too, and at the end of my degree lived with them for nearly two months before returning to NI to visit my family. I will be going to live with my partner should I not get finance to enable me to do my master's course and will continue to live in England either way. I'm unsure if this qualifies as living in England permanently and if I can apply for finance through SFE. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi there,

Can you confirm when you finished your undergraduate course? Did you have an English address on your account?

Thanks,
Claire
Samalamadingdong
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I finished on 21/5/19.
The address was actually my nan's back in Northern Ireland and my family moved twice whilst I was studying so I never bothered to change the address as she was receiving the mail without any issues. I have recently changed it to my boyfriend's place as that's where I'll be living until I move out for my course or we move out to get a place together.
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Samalamadingdong)
I finished on 21/5/19.
The address was actually my nan's back in Northern Ireland and my family moved twice whilst I was studying so I never bothered to change the address as she was receiving the mail without any issues. I have recently changed it to my boyfriend's place as that's where I'll be living until I move out for my course or we move out to get a place together.
Hi there,

If the finished your undergraduate studies with SFNI between May and August you would not be eligible to receive SFE postgraduate funding for a course starting in September. You would need apply to you original domicile for funding.

Thanks,
Claire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (394)
56.61%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise