Desimusic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I achieved 2210 in my ucat test. I know the score is bad but I only had a week to prepare for the test Due to being severely ill. I studied BTEC level 3 extended diploma Applied Science and achieved D*D*D. Currently I am studying biomedical science and achieve a 1st in the first year of the degree. I was wondering if there are any universities available who will accept me for 2019 entry. I am the first one from my family to go to university and belong to low household income and received bursary at college. Please reply back ASAP. Thanks in advance 🙂
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by desimusic)
I achieved 2210 in my ucat test. I know the score is bad but I only had a week to prepare for the test Due to being severely ill. I studied BTEC level 3 extended diploma Applied Science and achieved D*D*D. Currently I am studying biomedical science and achieve a 1st in the first year of the degree. I was wondering if there are any universities available who will accept me for 2019 entry. I am the first one from my family to go to university and belong to low household income and received bursary at college. Please reply back ASAP. Thanks in advance 🙂
There are several reasons why you couldn't:

(1) You have been way too late in going for Clearing. Most med schools except Buckingham is now closed for Clearing.

(2) No med school takes BTEC by itself, some may take BTEC with A-Levels but usually you have to have an A-Level at least.

(3) Your UCAT score is too low for most med schools anyway.

Your best course of action is to complete your degree, then apply to do graduate entry medicine. It's not going to be easy but it's doable.

For future reference, there is a thread where all the Clearing applicants are discussing and it's at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5638684. That would have been the best place to ask questions about Clearing.
Desimusic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ucat score was 2210 which is bad and it was as only due to I only had a week to prepare for it. I studied applied science at college and achieved D*D*D and currently completed first of biomedical science and achieved a first. Is there a way that I could apply to study medicine? Or which universities will accept me for clearing 2019 entry.

Thankyou
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Desimusic)
Ucat score was 2210 which is bad and it was as only due to I only had a week to prepare for it. I studied applied science at college and achieved D*D*D and currently completed first of biomedical science and achieved a first. Is there a way that I could apply to study medicine? Or which universities will accept me for clearing 2019 entry.

Thankyou
Medicine clearing has closed for 2019 entry
Virtually no med schools accept BTEC except for a few for Foundation Entry, but these need WA flags and very few of these accept graduates. Most unis require people to finish a degree they are currently enrolled in to apply for medicine.
You may be best finishing your degree and considering GEM, but will need a UCAT 2720+ for this in general.
Otherwise you are going to need to plough through med school websites looking for those that accept BTECs and then seeing if you meet their selection criteria
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Medicine clearing has closed for 2019 entry
Virtually no med schools accept BTEC except for a few for Foundation Entry, but these need WA flags and very few of these accept graduates. Most unis require people to finish a degree they are currently enrolled in to apply for medicine.
You may be best finishing your degree and considering GEM, but will need a UCAT 2720+ for this in general.
Otherwise you are going to need to plough through med school websites looking for those that accept BTECs and then seeing if you meet their selection criteria
(Original post by Desimusic)

Thankyou
Read what I said above. @GANFYD OP has just completely ignored what I said earlier today, and posted again. :facepalm:
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Read what I said above. @GANFYD OP has just completely ignored what I said earlier today, and posted again. :facepalm:
Well nice to know we are both saying the same thing......
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Well nice to know we are both saying the same thing......
:five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads