The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Any used items selling or pick up point for free at Kent?

I'm looking for some second-handed items when coming to Kent in this September, such as bike, printer, desk fan, duvet, paper bin and laundry basket. Does anyone know where should I looking for the second-handed goods for a new coming postgraduate student?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm looking for some second-handed items when coming to Kent in this September, such as bike, printer, desk fan, duvet, paper bin and laundry basket. Does anyone know where should I looking for the second-handed goods for a new coming postgraduate student?

check local freecycle groups online, many people frequently advertise things of this nature and its all free
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hi, there! The Postgraduate committee will be running a huge Freecycle during welcome week. While it’s just for postgrads at first, we’ll open it up to other students around Thursday. We’ve been running this initiative for a few years and we tend to get so much good stuff that many students don’t need to shop at all. The Union has also started a Freecycle this year, so keep an eye out for their pop-up in the campus Centre.
Reply 3
Original post by Postgrad Rep Shelly
Hi, there! The Postgraduate committee will be running a huge Freecycle during welcome week. While it’s just for postgrads at first, we’ll open it up to other students around Thursday. We’ve been running this initiative for a few years and we tend to get so much good stuff that many students don’t need to shop at all. The Union has also started a Freecycle this year, so keep an eye out for their pop-up in the campus Centre.

wow! good to hear this! Would there be any announcement released on facebook postgraduate group so that some of us who still unfamiliar with campus map could able to track the exact location for freecycle at the right moment~
Yes! Once we have the venue confirmed (things are working a bit differently this year), we will start advertising. But it will most likely be in the Woolf academic building.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending