Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I haven't seen much about it on TSR. Is it good? Hows the night life like and the student union? Especially for STEM, such as Medical Sciences, are the facilities good? And the standard of teaching?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's in Cambridge for that particular course, nightlife is fine in that respect.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by random_matt)
It's in Cambridge for that particular course, nightlife is fine in that respect.
I was told it would be in Chelmsford. Is the Cambridge campus better?
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was told it would be in Chelmsford. Is the Cambridge campus better?
Hmm, did not realise they opened up facilities in 2018. Chelmsford my nearest shopping haven, it is a fine enough place from shopping to eating. All I know of ARU is that many of my fellow Access students went there for nursing degrees with many now working within hospitals and other capacities.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by random_matt)
Hmm, did not realise they opened up facilities in 2018. Chelmsford my nearest shopping haven, it is a fine enough place from shopping to eating. All I know of ARU is that many of my fellow Access students went there for nursing degrees with many now working within hospitals and other capacities.
I was actually thinking of doing an Access course instead of uni, more especially the one for Medicine and Bio-sciences. What I got from your last response is that you've done Access already. How was your experience on that? My A Levels didn't go spectacularly and I'm sceptical to start uni without a solid foundation of A Levels to cover me. Should I do the Access course and re apply to other universities? Or would it be better to resit my A Levels? Are A Levels better than Access? I'm sorry if you're unable to provide insight to these questions, either way I'd love to hear your experience with the Access course. Cheers
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was actually thinking of doing an Access course instead of uni, more especially the one for Medicine and Bio-sciences. What I got from your last response is that you've done Access already. How was your experience on that? My A Levels didn't go spectacularly and I'm sceptical to start uni without a solid foundation of A Levels to cover me. Should I do the Access course and re apply to other universities? Or would it be better to resit my A Levels? Are A Levels better than Access? I'm sorry if you're unable to provide insight to these questions, either way I'd love to hear your experience with the Access course. Cheers
Access course was completed years ago, the workload is heavy. Entirely up to you if you want to resit your A-Levels, universities have them both listed as requirements, you would have to check what they require. I haven't a clue if you can do resits within a year, that is something to think about.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
bumping this
robodog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I haven't seen much about it on TSR. Is it good? Hows the night life like and the student union? Especially for STEM, such as Medical Sciences, are the facilities good? And the standard of teaching?
Can't comment on the student side but night life around city centre is pretty good. I live around 15/20 mins from the city centre where the campus is and its great to go out on the weekends. Plenty of bars and clubs

EDIT: Forgot there are multiple campuses for ARU, my comment is regarding the Chelmsford campus
Last edited by robodog; 6 months ago
Michcl1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Avoid Anglia Ruskin University like you would coronavirus!! Whilst the majority of lecturers are enthusiastic and fantastic at what they do, there is absolutely no support for students who need it from management or administration. Whilst I managed an upper 2:1 through sheer determination to not let the sods get me down, there are so many problems which are not being addressed. Despite failures in providing consistent marking and feedback this was never looked into. This feedback is vital to improving but official complaints were whitewashed over and ignored. The biggest joke of all is that despite working under extreme conditions and doing well in the middle at part, the graduating year of 2020 will now have to wait until April 2021 to receive their certificate. Many post grad universities will not accept a mere transcript, they require the certificate. So... Not only do ARU not give two hoots about their students whilst under their banner... They could care even less about their future. Waste your time, money and future on this university at your peril.
Last edited by Michcl1; 5 months ago
Michcl1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Avoid ARU like coronavirus. Whilst the majority of lecturers are enthusiastic and fantastic at what they do, there is absolutely no support for students who need it from management or administration. Whilst I managed an upper 2:1 through sheer determination to not let the sods get me down, there are so many problems which are not being addressed. Despite failures in providing consistent marking and feedback this was never looked into. This feedback is vital to improving but official complaints were whitewashed over and ignored. The biggest joke of all is that despite working under extreme conditions and doing well in the middle at part, the graduating year of 2020 will now have to wait until April 2021 to receive their certificate. Many post grad universities will not accept a mere transcript, they require the certificate. So... Not only do ARU not give two hoots about their students whilst under their banner... They could care even less about their future. Waste your time, money and future on this university at your peril.
ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Michcl1)
Avoid ARU like coronavirus. Whilst the majority of lecturers are enthusiastic and fantastic at what they do, there is absolutely no support for students who need it from management or administration. Whilst I managed an upper 2:1 through sheer determination to not let the sods get me down, there are so many problems which are not being addressed. Despite failures in providing consistent marking and feedback this was never looked into. This feedback is vital to improving but official complaints were whitewashed over and ignored. The biggest joke of all is that despite working under extreme conditions and doing well in the middle at part, the graduating year of 2020 will now have to wait until April 2021 to receive their certificate. Many post grad universities will not accept a mere transcript, they require the certificate. So... Not only do ARU not give two hoots about their students whilst under their banner... They could care even less about their future. Waste your time, money and future on this university at your peril.
Although we will be issuing our certificates slightly later this year due to Covid-19, I would like to reassure you that these will be issued as soon as we are in a position to do so.

We have been supporting our graduates with electronic award transcripts where these have been requested by a range of organisations. These organisations have been happy to accept these in recognition of the difficulties in providing all our graduates with a hard copy of their certificate at this time due to the global pandemic. So, if you haven’t already, please do get in touch so we can support you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you’ve been having difficulties making a complaint as we take complaints from our students very seriously. Please do get in touch with our complaints team ([email protected]), so they can look into this further for you.

All the best,
Megan
Michcl1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ARUOfficial)
Although we will be issuing our certificates slightly later this year due to Covid-19, I would like to reassure you that these will be issued as soon as we are in a position to do so.

We have been supporting our graduates with electronic award transcripts where these have been requested by a range of organisations. These organisations have been happy to accept these in recognition of the difficulties in providing all our graduates with a hard copy of their certificate at this time due to the global pandemic. So, if you haven’t already, please do get in touch so we can support you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you’ve been having difficulties making a complaint as we take complaints from our students very seriously. Please do get in touch with our complaints team ([email protected]), so they can look into this further for you.

All the best,
Megan
While your response is appreciated, it's a fob off. I have been told that it may be April next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads