Bibi0977
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have just received my results and would like to resit. I want to know whether I'd be able to enter clearing on results day next year even if I am resitting and don't apply for any courses through ucas for 2020 entry
FlameKitty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes but it would be better to apply through ucas because it shows that you really want to do that course. The universities are going to give offers to people who got lower than expected and asked for a place over anyone who didn't apply. You don't need to decide your firm choice till about April (I think) so there is still time if you haven't looked at any of the universities to decide (you can decline all your offers as well if you don't like any of them).
Bibi0977
Rep:
?
(Original post by FlameKitty)
Yes but it would be better to apply through ucas because it shows that you really want to do that course. The universities are going to give offers to people who got lower than expected and asked for a place over anyone who didn't apply. You don't need to decide your firm choice till about April (I think) so there is still time if you haven't looked at any of the universities to decide (you can decline all your offers as well if you don't like any of them).
right so suppose I got CCB and I know that if I apply to the unis that i want with those grades for 2020 entry, I will get rejected straightaway due to their high requirements. So If i end up resitting and get AAB then can i enter clearing next year? (i don't know if this makes any sense- sorry)
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bibi0977)
right so suppose I got CCB and I know that if I apply to the unis that i want with those grades for 2020 entry, I will get rejected straightaway due to their high requirements. So If i end up resitting and get AAB then can i enter clearing next year? (i don't know if this makes any sense- sorry)
Yes - you can. Whether there are places is the issue. What course would you look to study? You could check which universities have clearance/ adjustment places this year in the subject(s) you are interested in as a bit of a guide - and see how other students are finding it this year.
FlameKitty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r.../what-clearing
This is the information about clearing . It includes all the conditions for who can enter.
Bibi0977
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Yes - you can. Whether there are places is the issue. What course would you look to study? You could check which universities have clearance/ adjustment places this year in the subject(s) you are interested in as a bit of a guide - and see how other students are finding it this year.
I know that the course that I want to do was in clearing this year from top unis. I'm not interested in the clearing courses this year and want to sit the exams again.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know that the course that I want to do was in clearing this year from top unis. I'm not interested in the clearing courses this year and want to sit the exams again.
That wasnt my point. I understand that you want to sit the exams again and apply next year. If you are looking at courses such as languages, chemistry, biology where there were lots of great options in clearing this year there is a decent chance that there will be the same opportunities next year. Some courses (notably computer science) had very few options in clearing this year.
Bibi0977
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
That wasnt my point. I understand that you want to sit the exams again and apply next year. If you are looking at courses such as languages, chemistry, biology where there were lots of great options in clearing this year there is a decent chance that there will be the same opportunities next year. Some courses (notably computer science) had very few options in clearing this year.
okay say i want to study law at uni - i resit next June and get AAA in august then I find a law course at a top uni that wants AAA in clearing can I then apply for it even though i haven't made my ucas application for that year like i've registered but not uploaded a reference/personal statement? (I know it'd be better to apply first because if they see your personal statement it might be a push factor for them but is it still possible to apply without making an application beforehand??)
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
okay say i want to study law at uni - i resit next June and get AAA in august then I find a law course at a top uni that wants AAA in clearing can I then apply for it even though i haven't made my ucas application for that year like i've registered but not uploaded a reference/personal statement? (I know it'd be better to apply first because if they see your personal statement it might be a push factor for them but is it still possible to apply without making an application beforehand??)
I'm not sure. People certainly make late applications but I'm not sure of the process. I'd be a bit concerned about top universities having places in clearing for law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads