How many intakes do Big 4 accountancy firms have a year? Watch

Markbcb18
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello

When are the intakes for Big 4? Are they always at a structured time of the year or do they have some positions that they intake all year round? EY just reopened there Tax and Assurance programmes and the target jobs advert said the start date was ASAP. Would I have to wait till 2020?

Thanks
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Markbcb18)
Hello

When are the intakes for Big 4? Are they always at a structured time of the year or do they have some positions that they intake all year round? EY just reopened there Tax and Assurance programmes and the target jobs advert said the start date was ASAP. Would I have to wait till 2020?

Thanks
In principal they could start graduates at any time of year. In practice they tend to have two intakes a year starting on specific dates. My guess would be that if the start date shows as ASAP it might be aimed at joining the September intake.
Condividere
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Generally speaking:

- PwC / EY: September and April for Audit and (sometimes Tax) and September and March for Consultancy
- Deloitte / KPMG: September only

EY.jobs does advertise 'ACCA Trainee' vacancies periodically as there is no specific intake. I have also seen KPMG recruit via their experienced careers section Audit Assistants (that have accrued 6 months experience / completed the CFAB exams at other firms) when they have under-recruited during their September intake.
BusMan21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thousands, literally thousands.
steph0468
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For PwC, there are 2 summer internship intakes and for grad schemes there's mostly 2 (September and April).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)