Blobfish12345
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How did you get on with the remark? Hope you have some good news. My brother had his AH Modern Studies upgraded from a B to an A, although he was initially only one
point off the grade boundary.
Douglas77
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The scandal worsens. She got moved up from a C to a high B. So instead of her getting 33% for paper 1 they gave her around 63%. That’s quite a jump, some might say scandalous in itself 30% extra wow. Only she neither got 33% or 63% for paper 1. 93% is possible but at least 80%. She worked hard and should have got an A. We have made a subject Access review and we have requested her marks under Freedom of Information as well. I think the SQA is an immoral corrupt organisation, not fit for purpose. If there are any investigative journalists out there please contact me. The SQA need investigated and reformed in particular transparency installed, why on earth cannot I see her paper there wouldn’t be this problem if I could. The fight goes on.
Blobfish12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s good she’s at least gone up to a B grade, but I can see why you are upset. My brother did not get his new mark breakdown after the remark, just his new grade. Is the school able to provide the mark breakdown for the remark?

4As and a B are still excellent grades, though, and she should get offers for all her choices.
JessThomas6
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Going to say it again - this is not "grotesque" or "corruption" (a very, VERY serious allegation to make against an exam board). Sounds like she had a bad marker (it happens, I went from an A to a B in psychology A-Level, but marking is subjective!), and a bad day - a dip to a B is easily explained. I doubt it'll be helping your daughter to be going through this stress now, when she's in the next stage of her education. It's best to just chalk it up to having a bad day and moving on - one bad grade is not the end of the world.
Douglas77
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Not yet. Have sent in a request
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (129)
18.17%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.18%
Not great so far... (254)
35.77%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.87%

Watched Threads