The Student Room Group

Do I go to uni or retake?

I was originally predicted A*AB, plus EPQ, but I really didn't put enough effort in for my A levels and I ended up with A*DC and a B in EPQ (I'm an idiot who wrote it the night before). I know I can do better, I achieved all A's and A*'s at GCSE and had A's in most things at A level first year, but I just gave up second year, I was overworked and just didn't put the effort in. I had an offer for law at Exeter, but I was rejected on results day. I was offered a place through clearing at Reading for law, but I don't know what to do. I feel like I have the potential to do better and I know that top law firms look for high A level grades, as well as a first in university. Sorry for the long paragraph, my main questions are:
Do I retake and possibly go to a better uni (through clearing) with better grades next year?
Do universities and law firms dislike exam resits?
I'm hyper stressed right now lmao, thanks my dudes.
Reply 1
Hi there.

The question that you need to ask yourself first is do you want to try and get better A level results. If you do to increase your chances with University's then my opinion would be take a gap year and improve on your grades. I decided to take a gap year myself after taking my A levels, due to not getting the grades i wanted and re took the exams that i wanted to.
Hope this helps, it might not but if you want to know more please do get in touch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending