The Student Room Group

What are some phrases that other people use, that you don't?

What are some phrases that other people use, that you don't?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
god save the queen
Reply 2
Groovy
Reply 3
He looked at me gone out... meaning with disbelief or amazement. A Midlands expression, I believe.
"Oh my God"
I was taught that it's rude to use his name in vain and so it's natural for me to say gosh instead.
tiocfaidh ár
"Oh my God"
"That's what she said" (that one drives me mad for no reason - bringing an unknown individual who doesn't exist anyway into the scope of the conversation...)
aw man creeper
Original post by Rockenburg
"Oh my God"
I was taught that it's rude to use his name in vain and so it's natural for me to say gosh instead.

Haha same
ta
My pleasure and there’s another one that I forgot. I’ll come back when I remember
Ennit :colonhash:
(It's not a word you roadman!) 😂😂😂
"No! Don't hit that swan!"
Original post by cloud_9_
ta

ta is something that comes to you when you get older i think, as you get tired of repeating thanks/thank you all the time you feel the need to mix it up with cheers, ta/appreciate it/grateful
Reply 14
Yeet.

It's cringeworthy.
Reply 15
Original post by the bear
tiocfaidh ár

A regular among my lot :laugh:
"c'est la vie"
Original post by dream catcher010
"c'est la vie"

fortunately, (besides the very catchy 90s hit) i've only ever heard that used once or twice ever
The English language went to **** a long time ago. The youth today cannot stop saying the word like a million times in every conversation, it really boils me over and really want to punch them.
Original post by random_matt
The English language went to **** a long time ago. The youth today cannot stop saying the word like a million times in every conversation, it really boils me over and really want to punch them.

Which word u referring to?

Quick Reply

Latest