username4489224
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do u think someone who doesn’t love science should do bio and chem at a level ? I’m so confused because I’ve never really loved it when I did double science. However I feel like the medicine field is so worth it , I don’t know cus I wanted to do psychology economics and English
username4489224
Rep:
?
I feel like if I don’t do bio and chem at a level I will regret it since the jobs in medicine are so rewarding . But I’ve wanted to do psychology English and economics. I don’t know I’ve neber loved bio and Chem but I would do it if it was worth it
Aimeejlm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m in the exact same situation as you. I’m considering doing applied science instead along with three other subjects so I can drop science if I don’t like it but I’m so conflicted
username4489224
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aimeejlm)
I’m in the exact same situation as you. I’m considering doing applied science instead along with three other subjects so I can drop science if I don’t like it but I’m so conflicted
Omg yeah but I’ve nevrr thought of doing applied IDKKKK
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laugh72)
Do u think someone who doesn’t love science should do bio and chem at a level ? I’m so confused because I’ve never really loved it when I did double science. However I feel like the medicine field is so worth it , I don’t know cus I wanted to do psychology economics and English
I mean, medicine isn't the same thing as GCSE double science or even pure biology or chemistry but at a fundamental level you have to be interested in science and the scientific method.

What is it that's attracted you to medicine?
LinaHearts
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will end up miserable at a level if you don't enjoy the subjects you take, and may end up under performing as a result. Even people who love the subjects end up just wanting it to end! Having said how set are you on medicine. That involves a lot of science too. What made you choose medicine?
username2775496
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, as someone who’s just survived the A Level process, here’s what I think. The entry requirements for medicine are AAA/A*AA and getting those grades can be extremely challenging. At A Level, you have to learn about many things in a greater amount of detail and you really need to love the subject and be motivated to gain a true understanding of the content. If you don’t enjoy the subject, the 2 years are going to be a drag. Anyone reading this, please correct me if I’m wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads