Emmashilters
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!!

I just enrolled on an access to HE - social sciences course covering sociology, psychology, criminology & law. I’m wondering if anyone has done this course and progressed to Uni in their 30s? I’m early 30s and have a 1 year old who will go to nursery. Are the modules hard? Any advice?

Thanks in Advance.
Emma
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emmashilters)
Hi!!

I just enrolled on an access to HE - social sciences course covering sociology, psychology, criminology & law. I’m wondering if anyone has done this course and progressed to Uni in their 30s? I’m early 30s and have a 1 year old who will go to nursery. Are the modules hard? Any advice?

Thanks in Advance.
Emma
Congratulations. You wll be fine if you work hard and focus.

Age is an irrelevance, there will be people older than you 30s 40s 50s 60s possibly doing the same. Far from the oldest and think of your experience plus advantages you have. Do the work and its between you and the essay. Need to back yourself and get some study skills. Dont worry about school experience this is a fresh start.

Get a second hand copy of this as its got some basic study skill information in. Its what ou students used to use. If you get stuck ask on TSR but its natural to be a bit nervous but you will soon be too busy.

As long as you work reasonably consistently , deal with issues and are well organised, then you should be fine.
Cheapest 2nd hand copy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Study-.../dp/0749259744
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Essay-...s=books&sr=1-2

GL.
Emmashilters
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thankyou!!! I’m nervous but excited!! I’ll finish my degree & solicitor training just before I’m 40 and my son will only be 7/8 himself so I know he’s going to benefit from it & have a good life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (7)
10.45%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.49%
Finding the time to revise (6)
8.96%
Finding the motivation (14)
20.9%
Getting distracted (12)
17.91%
Procrastination (27)
40.3%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads