The Student Room Group

Unexpected AS result. What should I do next?

Hello,
So I was expecting an A or B in Economics but I ended getting a D which is pretty bad and disappointing. I am thinking to get my paper remarked and hopefully my grade would improve.

Is there any chance my grade would go further down ( an E ) and even if I get a D by how much my grade can be improve if I put effort in A2?

I know that I have the option to resit but to be honest I am not confident that I would be ready in time to give the exam.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by eman.km
Hello,
So I was expecting an A or B in Economics but I ended getting a D which is pretty bad and disappointing. I am thinking to get my paper remarked and hopefully my grade would improve.

Is there any chance my grade would go further down ( an E ) and even if I get a D by how much my grade can be improve if I put effort in A2?

I know that I have the option to resit but to be honest I am not confident that I would be ready in time to give the exam.

Thanks in advance!

Hey! First of all, congrats on successfully passing your AS Levels, they're definitely nowhere close to GCSEs - lol I'm writing my AS exams in February and I'm kinda dying. Thing is, I don't know which board you follow, but in Cambridge, we have the PUM on the provisional marklist. So if you missed a C by 1-2 marks, then go for the re-evaluation. However, if you just managed a D, I probably wouldn't recommend you to get it remarked. Regarding your A2 grade, I definitely think you can get a B if you put in enough effort :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by shrikha
Hey! First of all, congrats on successfully passing your AS Levels, they're definitely nowhere close to GCSEs - lol I'm writing my AS exams in February and I'm kinda dying. Thing is, I don't know which board you follow, but in Cambridge, we have the PUM on the provisional marklist. So if you missed a C by 1-2 marks, then go for the re-evaluation. However, if you just managed a D, I probably wouldn't recommend you to get it remarked. Regarding your A2 grade, I definitely think you can get a B if you put in enough effort :smile:

Thank you for replying, I am following the Cambridge board too. I believe I can achieve a B in A2 in Accounts (got a C in AS) but I am worried about my economics paper in which I got a D and I was expecting a A or B, shouldn't I go for a recheck?
Reply 3
Original post by eman.km
Thank you for replying, I am following the Cambridge board too. I believe I can achieve a B in A2 in Accounts (got a C in AS) but I am worried about my economics paper in which I got a D and I was expecting a A or B, shouldn't I go for a recheck?

If you're really confident that you deserved an A or a B, go for it! After all, Economics is subjective and there's a high likelihood of your grade going up. If you don't mind me asking, may I know your PUM in Economics?
Reply 4
Original post by shrikha
If you're really confident that you deserved an A or a B, go for it! After all, Economics is subjective and there's a high likelihood of your grade going up. If you don't mind me asking, may I know your PUM in Economics?

Grade D PUM is between 50-59. I received the result and there PUM is not mention so I will go on Monday to school and ask my teacher about my marks, PUM.
Reply 5
Original post by eman.km
Grade D PUM is between 50-59. I received the result and there PUM is not mention so I will go on Monday to school and ask my teacher about my marks, PUM.

I know that, I was just wondering that if you got 55+ or not, because then you can confidently get it remarked because there'll be a lower chance of your grade going down.

Quick Reply

Latest