ananan.d
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi IB lads, does anyone have any recommendations for good websites with course notes/similar on? Eg there's bioninja for biology, but what else is there that has good, correct, syllabus following stuff on?? Thanks!
pragbyte
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It would be easier to help you out if you gave some more details

What are your IB subjects?
Sportacus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Revision village for maths, you do have to pay to unlock most of the topics but it's the one thing that got me through ib maths. It has videos to explain every single concept and mini test packets to test yourself. There are also videos going through the recent past papers as well as massive question banks for every topic. I'd personally highly recommend it, but I also had a friend who didn't find it all that helpful, so be sure to check out the free stuff before you decide to pay for the rest.
Msjchem for chemistry. It's a series of short videos, sorted according to the topic. They're very no-nonsense and to the point, which meant I could find the exact thing I was looking for. Also, free of cost.
Use LitCharts for specific books you're doing in English A, they're highly detailed and really helpful (I did just read the whole LitCharts compilation instead of reading the actual book once, would not recommend though lol).

Hope this helps!
Aspenfire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
YouTube channel Richard Thornley for IB Chem!
ananan.d
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pragbyte)
It would be easier to help you out if you gave some more details

What are your IB subjects?
Good point, HL bio, chem, spanish; SL maths, eng lit, history
ananan.d
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sportacus)
Revision village for maths, you do have to pay to unlock most of the topics but it's the one thing that got me through ib maths. It has videos to explain every single concept and mini test packets to test yourself. There are also videos going through the recent past papers as well as massive question banks for every topic. I'd personally highly recommend it, but I also had a friend who didn't find it all that helpful, so be sure to check out the free stuff before you decide to pay for the rest.
Msjchem for chemistry. It's a series of short videos, sorted according to the topic. They're very no-nonsense and to the point, which meant I could find the exact thing I was looking for. Also, free of cost.
Use LitCharts for specific books you're doing in English A, they're highly detailed and really helpful (I did just read the whole LitCharts compilation instead of reading the actual book once, would not recommend though lol).

Hope this helps!
Thanks!
ananan.d
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aspenfire)
YouTube channel Richard Thornley for IB Chem!
Thanks, def need that badly haha
zamanh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sportacus)

Hope this helps!
I have started using Revision Village, everything about it is good except for the person's audio and the fact that sometimes they skip over a simple step which I know how to do but dont recognise I have to do it for the question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise