The Student Room Group

Is this possible again?

So my friends sister who I hit up because she attended RHUL before doing biochem, I was talking to her about transferring and she said what she did was basically what I want to do.

She did her first year at RHUL AND resat her a levels (which is maddddd) she got BCC at a levels and she said she resat them during her first year and she got AAB (only resat two a levels) and she also got high percentage for her first year

She said that with transfers the ucas deadline is only a formality, that she applied in summer holiday when she got her grades back.

I’m surprised that’s all possible, shooketh.

I was reading threads and it seems hard even rare.

Do you think it’s possible I can do this myself? Or was her situation a rare lucky thing?

I was searching up about second year transfer and it said that yes the UCAS deadline (15th jan) is only a formality for 2nd year transfer but I didn’t see anywhere that said you can apply during summer holidays.

I’m confused on what to do now? If that route is possible I would like to do it because I’m in a very similar situation, because of extenuating circumstances I didn’t do well enough for kings at a level, so I was entertaining the idea of resitting one or two of my a levels during my first year and doing well in first year.

To be fair, I wouldn’t mind if I stayed on at RHUL for molecular biology, since I’m gonna do grad med regardless ans I like the course etc but Kings or QM has always been my first choice and I don’t think there’s a harm in trying?

And I was thinking if after my first term I see that I can’t/or don’t have the capability to resit a levels and do well on my degree I’ll give it up and just do 3 years and grad med like normal.

Though I do think I’ll be able to do better bc so much stuff (extenuating circumstance) happens through April to June that impacted my exams.

Anyways what do y’all think
Reply 1
Someone please answer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest