MKA345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering, if you did not get the grades needed for the course you want to study at your chosen university what will happen.
blue2019
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MKA345)
I was wondering, if you did not get the grades needed for the course you want to study at your chosen university what will happen.
you can either ring up the university and ask them if they have any other courses that you are eligible for other wise through clearing you can apply for other universities who might be able to select you however many also end up resitting an A level to try going to university next yer
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. They may accept you anyway as a near miss candidate
2. If you meet your offer for your insurance, then you will be allocated that instead
3. The uni can offer you an alternative course
4. You can go through Clearing to get another offer (you can do this if you get accepted to your firm/insurance too)
5. You can retake
MKA345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Interrobang)
1. They may accept you anyway as a near miss candidate
2. If you meet your offer for your insurance, then you will be allocated that instead
3. The uni can offer you an alternative course
4. You can go through Clearing to get another offer (you can do this if you get accepted to your firm/insurance too)
5. You can retake
hello thank you for getting back to me. However i dont really understand point 1 and 2. what is a miss candidate and what do you mean by the insurance part
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hello thank you for getting back to me. However i dont really understand point 1 and 2. what is a miss candidate and what do you mean by the insurance part
Near miss means that the uni decides to accept you even if you don't meet their offer

If your firm choice uni decides not to accept you, but you get the grades to get into your insurance choice uni, you will be given a place at your insurance uni instead
MKA345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Interrobang)
Near miss means that the uni decides to accept you even if you don't meet their offer

If your firm choice uni decides not to accept you, but you get the grades to get into your insurance choice uni, you will be given a place at your insurance uni instead
oh right thanks this has helped a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads