Anybody study Finance, Economics or Accounting & Finance at LSE?

Watch
millieg0061
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It’s my dream to do Finance at LSE and I’ve heard that the key to get in (other than good grades of course) is an amazing personal statement. I’m only 16 but I want time to work towards things for my personal statement. What did you put on yours? Any ideas?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
why is this your dream? money? prestige? want to make your parents happy? be honest with yourself first and ask if this is what u really want to do. it's a lot of hard work (coming from a 3rd year a&f student at lse). if you decide this is what u want, then u can bs your way through your ps. tailor it specifically to lse. look up the course material so you can say that your interested in x or y - which corresponds to this part of the course. have good extracurriculars, nothing insane required. but definitely the main thing is to let the admissions officer know that you want lse - without explicitly mentioning it. number 1 thing is great gcses and a levels - bang those out then think about applying.
millieg0061
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
why is this your dream? money? prestige? want to make your parents happy? be honest with yourself first and ask if this is what u really want to do. it's a lot of hard work (coming from a 3rd year a&f student at lse). if you decide this is what u want, then u can bs your way through your ps. tailor it specifically to lse. look up the course material so you can say that your interested in x or y - which corresponds to this part of the course. have good extracurriculars, nothing insane required. but definitely the main thing is to let the admissions officer know that you want lse - without explicitly mentioning it. number 1 thing is great gcses and a levels - bang those out then think about applying.
My parents don’t mind what I do and it’s not only for the money. It’s has nothing to do with that. I’m honestly interested in finance and economics, believe it or not. But thanks you for your advice
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
what did you get at a level and whats the lowest grades youve seen get into A&F?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
i got triple a, but was predicted 2a*1a (LOL) - also got 11a* at GCSE. lowest ive seen is triple a...its competitive.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Look at their reading lists and read the books on them and use them as talking points on your personal statement, not just saying "I read this book and I read that book" but mention particular parts of the books and what you found interesting about them and why. I got into LSE for maths and economics and mentioning books and podcasts and talking about them is what I mainly wrote about in my personal statement as it shows true interest and immersion in your chosen subject(s). Also get them proofread A LOT by teachers, especially the teachers that are relevant to the subject you're applying for.
I had below average GCSE results (3A* 6A and 1B) compared to other applicants and they still gave me an offer with A*A*A predicted grades - although I'm sure they take predicted grades with a grain of salt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (356)
56.15%
I don't have everything I need (278)
43.85%

Watched Threads