Hoshiko
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I actually have two different questions but I am getting quite stressed about it so I would really appreciate any help!
Firstly, in a scenario where you have thought of one single creative writing idea, that is a really really good idea but causes you discomfort to write (hits too close to home for example), would you continue with this story and be practically guaranteed a good mark but really struggle mentally to write it or would you scrap it in the hopes of finding something more comfortable although it wouldn't be quite as brilliant and/or intuitive?

And question number two sorta leads off from this, Does anyone have tips for thinking of inventive writing ideas quickly? If I do choose to scrap the idea that I have, I need to think of another QUICK. Like a few days kinda quick, which at the moment is just beyond me. I think up good stories once in a blue moon but struggle immensely to think them up on the spot. Halp!
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hoshiko)
So I actually have two different questions but I am getting quite stressed about it so I would really appreciate any help!
Firstly, in a scenario where you have thought of one single creative writing idea, that is a really really good idea but causes you discomfort to write (hits too close to home for example), would you continue with this story and be practically guaranteed a good mark but really struggle mentally to write it or would you scrap it in the hopes of finding something more comfortable although it wouldn't be quite as brilliant and/or intuitive?

And question number two sorta leads off from this, Does anyone have tips for thinking of inventive writing ideas quickly? If I do choose to scrap the idea that I have, I need to think of another QUICK. Like a few days kinda quick, which at the moment is just beyond me. I think up good stories once in a blue moon but struggle immensely to think them up on the spot. Halp!
It's definitely not worth writing something that will potentially affect you mentally. I remember also struggling to think about a short story when I did mine. I asked a friend to give me a prompt and she said: how about a boy arrives home to find that one of his parents is committing adultery? I ran with it and evolved into a story about a husband finding out that his wife is cheating on him and I got full marks. :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads