Lancaster University Official 2020 Applicants Thread Watch

Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
Got my offer today!! Unconditional if I make it my firm choice, which is v likely yayyy
Ghostlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Got my offer today!! Unconditional if I make it my firm choice, which is v likely yayyy
Well Done
Hopskipjump
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know if Lancaster ever offer unconditional for Maths?
Anonymous #5
Report 2 weeks ago
i’ve applied for english lit and i got an acknowledgement email earlier this morning does anybody know how quickly lancaster usually are in giving out offers?
quirkster42
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
just got an unconditional for theoretical physics
allstoriesrtrue
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i’ve applied for english lit and i got an acknowledgement email earlier this morning does anybody know how quickly lancaster usually are in giving out offers?
I received mine (lit and history) a week after acknowledgement x
OasisWSB
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Got back to me within a week and a half x
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hopskipjump)
Does anyone know if Lancaster ever offer unconditional for Maths?
I already have an a* in a level maths (did it in yr12), and I didn’t get an unconditional offer. Not sure if it’s been the same every year.
catb17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by OasisWSB)
Got back to me within a week and a half x
thanks
Ghostlady
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quirkster42)
just got an unconditional for theoretical physics
Name:  IMG_4241.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  135.8 KB well done, congrats
LewisBailey1918
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1) History
2) History / English Lit / Philosophy & Ethics
3) A A B
4) an 8 some 7s two 6s a 5 and a 77 in double science
5)Liverpool Uni / Loughborough / Liverpool Hope / Leeds / idk somewhere else
6)Best uni in the North West apart from Leeds
7)Read books if that means anything, other than that not much
AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Offer for Accounting and Management (Industry). AAB or ABB if I make it my firm choice
Itsnotaphasemom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz)
What course are you applying for?: History and Politics
What subjects are you currently studying?: English Literature, History and Politics
Predicted A level grades: AAA or A*AA, depends on remarks!
GCSE grades: 3 A*s, 4 As,1 B and 2 Cs
What other universities are you applying to?: Cambridge, Birmingham, UCL, East Anglia
Why Lancaster?: Went to the summer school, and the History lecturers were really cool :cool:
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: Read a whole lotta books, went on a knife crime march, went to a TV debate, did Law work experience and Barclays work experience, summer schools etc.
Ooooo!
I have the exact same grades as you in both GCSE and predicted!
If you don’t mind, could you let me know if Cambridge get back to you?

Best of luck
Itsnotaphasemom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AM_TSR)
Offer for Accounting and Management (Industry). AAB or ABB if I make it my firm choice
Hiya!

I didn’t know universities lowered their offer if you firmed them.
So does that mean you just got a conditional offer, but lowered?

If you don’t mind me asking, what were you predicted?
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lancaster offers so far

On the Big List (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6177978), these are the offers reported by TSR members so far: Accounting, Accounting + Man, Accounting + Man*, Biochem, Biol*, Biomed Sci x2, Biomed Sci*, Biomed Sci**, Bus Man, Bus Man*, Chem, Chem**, Comp Sci, Criminology, Econ x2, English Lit x4, French + Spanish, Geog x3, Geog*, Geog**, History x3, History*, History**, History + Politics x3, Human Geog, Law x6, Maths x2, Maths + Comp Sci, Maths + Statistics x2, Maths*, Modern Lang, Natural Sci (x2), Philosophy + Psych, Phys Astrophys + Cosmology, Phys Particle Phys + Cosmology, Politics + IntRel, Politics + Sociology x3, PPE, PPE*, Psych x2, Sociology x2, Spanish + Italian, Spanish + Linguistics, Theoretical Phys

* with year in industry/placement year/industrial year/professional placement/industrial experience/work placement/sandwich year

** with year abroad/international year
HisMajesty_Kwabz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Itsnotaphasemom)
Ooooo!
I have the exact same grades as you in both GCSE and predicted!
If you don’t mind, could you let me know if Cambridge get back to you?

Best of luck
Wow, what a coincidence!

I've actually switched my application to Oxford now. I'm still waiting to hear if I got an interview.

What course are you applying for?
PhoebePat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, in my final year at Sixth form and I think that Lancaster is the one for me. Visited at one of their open days in the summer (getting in there early). Love the college system and think I want Grizedale. Just wondering if there's much to do around campus? In first year where's the best place to eat? My other friends and I (all looking at applying) really love Pizza Hut, is there a takeaway Pizza Hut local or even better a sit down restaurant. Been on their site to find a hut, this is the nearest – https://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restauran...ter/lancaster/ but is it in walking distance from the city centre? Been to city centre before and never seen it :/
willzaranyika
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1 Biochemistry
2 Psychology, Chemistry and Biology

3 A*AA

4 3 9s, 1 8, 4 7s and 1 5

5 Bristol, Warwick, Manchester and Durham

6 Good course, good uni and guaranteed offer due to summer school

7 Work Experience, Summer School, Further Reading etc
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PhoebePat)
Hey, in my final year at Sixth form and I think that Lancaster is the one for me. Visited at one of their open days in the summer (getting in there early). Love the college system and think I want Grizedale. Just wondering if there's much to do around campus? In first year where's the best place to eat? My other friends and I (all looking at applying) really love Pizza Hut, is there a takeaway Pizza Hut local or even better a sit down restaurant. Been on their site to find a hut, this is the nearest – https://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restauran...ter/lancaster/ but is it in walking distance from the city centre? Been to city centre before and never seen it :/
Hi Phoebe,
FIRSTLY there is a Pizza Hut which is like super close to the bus station so will take you about 15 minutes from campus to the bus station. It's near the Sainsbury's and Lidl so you'll probably visit there a fair bit.
If you live in campus though then there's lots of places to eat, and if you're not interested in catered accommodation, have a look at the freedom plus skin.
There's a few Chinese/Thai places, Pizzetta republic, Turkish, Indian, places to get a Sunday roast, burger bar, Subway, Greggs, Mexican etc. Like there's really a lot and everyone has their favourites.
And in terms of what there is to do on campus - depends what you like! The societies do a lot of the legwork so join ones you interested in. The colleges also organise loads of their own events so just get involved with your college events! The SU also organises a fair bit. What kind of things do you like?
Hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Ghostlady
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PhoebePat)
My daughter has an offer from lancaster and also loves grizedale (townhouses) . would like county townhouse as a back up. not sure about pizza hut, but theres a sultans which everyone loves which is on site and they do good take aways and you can sit in from what ive seen on student vlogs on you tube.. And fylde college bar also had great burgers if thats your thing. the link you posted for p.hut; its about 10-15 mins walk from the main bus depot in lancaster, so you could catch the bus at lancaster into town and walk there. theres also a domino's in lancaster city too.
Last edited by Ghostlady; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (54)
31.4%
No I don't (84)
48.84%
I work during the holidays (34)
19.77%

Watched Threads