Jennirobinson1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have achieved ABB at a-level and after being rejected from my firm university for medicine I’m really not sure what to do. I have an offer for biomed at Newcastle but I’m not sure if this is my best option. Would resitting my exams be better?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jennirobinson1)
I have achieved ABB at a-level and after being rejected from my firm university for medicine I’m really not sure what to do. I have an offer for biomed at Newcastle but I’m not sure if this is my best option. Would resitting my exams be better?
Plenty of threads made by posters similar to your situation in this forum (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=684).

We would suggest retaking and then reapplying, because it's still shorter and cheaper than doing a 3 year degree. It will also be relatively easier to get in undergrad medicine compared to graduate entry medicine.

Disclaimer: GEM is do-able, it's just harder statistically (competition ratios, and the need for higher UCAT scores).
SamEllyatt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jennirobinson1)
come join me on biomed just accepted my place at Newcastle, I got the grades for medicine but didn't do UKCAT, but the transfer opportunity at Newcastle seems good but hard, and there's always the option of postgrad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads