Bjt2008
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an interview on Wednesday for psychology with a foundation year, I wondered if anyone has any tips? Like should I dress smart casual or smart? What’s the likelihood of getting into the university after the interview? I don’t have A levels, it’s based on my personal statement and work experience
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bjt2008)
I have an interview on Wednesday for psychology with a foundation year, I wondered if anyone has any tips? Like should I dress smart casual or smart? What’s the likelihood of getting into the university after the interview? I don’t have A levels, it’s based on my personal statement and work experience
definitely smart casual. even 'casual-smart' is fine ha

if you have the minimum grades, you just need to do OK at interview

edit: remember academics at university dress like this, they aren't going to sit in a lab office in a suit are they?!
Last edited by A Rolling Stone; 1 month ago
Bjt2008
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
definitely smart casual. even 'casual-smart' is fine ha

if you have the minimum grades, you just need to do OK at interview

edit: remember academics at university dress like this, they aren't going to sit in a lab office in a suit are they?!
Haha that’s great thankyou! A few people were telling me to wear blouse, trousers and a blazer so I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to be going underdressed in just a smart top and black jeans
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.8%
Disagree (10)
6.54%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.68%
Agree (58)
37.91%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise