can you move out at 18 and never talk to your parents Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
if you move out at 18 and never tell your parents where you live, go, work etc and never talk to them again, basically never see them again and they call the police saying where’s my child gone will the 18 year old get in trouble. i know they’re fully adult at 18 but still.
FriedFish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you have the finance to move out you can do just that. The police can’t make you talk to your parents or force you to live with them again because you are an adult and out of their custody
Anonymous02792
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not that it’s any of my business but why would you never want to talk to them again?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FriedFish)
If you have the finance to move out you can do just that. The police can’t make you talk to your parents or force you to live with them again because you are an adult and out of their custody
yes i understand thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous02792)
Not that it’s any of my business but why would you never want to talk to them again?
i was just supposing they don’t get along and such as that may make the situation different
sam134205
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why would you want to do that?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes you should be fine, you can tell the police that you don't want your details to be disclosed to anyone. You are an adult now, they can't get any details on you.

I won't recommend you do that! You mum and dad raised you from little kid, they love you! there might be time where they have ignored you, just try to communicate with them clearly. I have my parent who neglected my sister who left and never got a trace of where she lives, now they have realised their mistake and that she didn't communicate with them clearly.

I hope you make the right decision.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes you should be fine, you can tell the police that you don't want your details to be disclosed to anyone. You are an adult now, they can't get any details on you.

I won't recommend you do that! You mum and dad raised you from little kid, they love you! there might be time where they have ignored you, just try to communicate with them clearly. I have my parent who neglected my sister who left and never got a trace of where she lives, now they have realised their mistake and that she didn't communicate with them clearly.

thank you hope things are better for your family. i was just wondering, everything’s ok
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you move out at 18 and never tell your parents where you live, go, work etc and never talk to them again, basically never see them again and they call the police saying where’s my child gone will the 18 year old get in trouble. i know they’re fully adult at 18 but still.
They can't do anything because you are 18 and haven't broken the law! You are ,at 18, in fact not a 'child'!
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
They can’t force you home but if you do move away, I’d suggest telling your parents that you are (don’t have to say where) Otherwise it’ll be wasting police time if you leave and your parents think you’re missing and then the police sent a search party for you
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

yeah not every parent treats their children well. some are abusive...
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry)
yeah not every parent treats their children well. some are abusive...
A true saying!
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They can’t stop you from doing that but remember that you will get on much better with your parents after you move out. If you only see them once every few months you might have a really good relationship.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are an adult and do what you wish. Just tell your parents you're off and not to call the police. Of course they may not accept the situation and behave inappropriately. There may also be disadvantages in breaking all ties.
plainjayne1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I moved out when I was 16 and didn't speak to my parents. I bought a house by the time I was 19. You're an adult at 18, nothing they can do.
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Obviously, it wouldn't be very considerate of you to leave your parents like that. They love and worry about you, whatever is happening at home. The least you could do is leave a note to say that you're okay and you simply wish to move away.

You could legally do that though if you wanted to. If you can afford it, you'd be an adult so they couldn't do much about it.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No the police can't do anything. Although, please don't make your parents fear that you have gone missing or are dead. If you want to up and leave, leave a note saying you are okay but you do not wish to be found.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.
I did that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back