Disappointed Birmingham accommodation allocation Watch

Notrub
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I put down 6 preferences for accommodation at Birmingham university. Not only did I not get any of my choices I have also been given a shared accommodation when all of my choices were en suite. I’ve been given Liberty Gardens which is a 30 minute walk away from campus. My course is also spread across 2 campuses so not looking forward to extra travelling and cost/time. Somewhat disappointed
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah - that sucks.

You should contact them and see if there is anything they can do about it, explaining your situation to a real human could be really helpful, especially if there is a specific reason why you need an en suite or to be close to campus.

That being said, if there is nothing that can be done, it really isn't the end of the world. We didn't even get a choice of accommodation in first year at my uni, we just found out where we were when we first arrived & I ended up in a shared bathroom with 4 & a shared tiny kitchen with 12. It sounds **** on paper, but I ended up loving it in spite of its flaws. Besides, you'll move out of uni accommodation in second year and get to choose your own house so it isn't bad for too long.
Notrub
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by lowza)
Yeah - that sucks.

You should contact them and see if there is anything they can do about it, explaining your situation to a real human could be really helpful, especially if there is a specific reason why you need an en suite or to be close to campus.

That being said, if there is nothing that can be done, it really isn't the end of the world. We didn't even get a choice of accommodation in first year at my uni, we just found out where we were when we first arrived & I ended up in a shared bathroom with 4 & a shared tiny kitchen with 12. It sounds **** on paper, but I ended up loving it in spite of its flaws. Besides, you'll move out of uni accommodation in second year and get to choose your own house so it isn't bad for too long.
Thanks it’s just so disappointing to not get any of your preferences. I have contacted and they are looking at my appeal
tsruser17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Notrub)
I put down 6 preferences for accommodation at Birmingham university. Not only did I not get any of my choices I have also been given a shared accommodation when all of my choices were en suite. I’ve been given Liberty Gardens which is a 30 minute walk away from campus. My course is also spread across 2 campuses so not looking forward to extra travelling and cost/time. Somewhat disappointed
Literally same. Been given liberty Court which is a 40 min walk to the medical school..
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm an undergraduate student and I've got post graduate accomidation which is kinda upsetting as I would like to be with other undergraduates.
Student Roost
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you’d like to live in the city centre with students from different unis and years, we still have rooms available https://www.studentroost.co.uk/accom...d-fire-station
centraltrains
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Student Roost)
If you’d like to live in the city centre with students from different unis and years, we still have rooms available https://www.studentroost.co.uk/accom...d-fire-station
Don't forget the £233 a term season ticket for zones 1 to 2!
henleykt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So they r a little bit further out of town center but defiantly walkable but I’ve stayed here and it’s really nice accommodation https://www.campuslivingvillages.co....belgrave-view/

Also stayed here: https://www.crm-students.com/student...et-birmingham/ Some of the rooms are really nice some are just average. But it’s cheap-ish, the staff are nice and students are friendly.

Don’t know if that helps you at all but thought I’d throw it out there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.93%
Disagree (10)
6.62%
Neither agree or disagree (49)
32.45%
Agree (57)
37.75%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.25%

Watched Threads