Weekend away a suitable first date? Watch

EverythingIsHere
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like how no one is like even if they don't hook up over there they could just go away from it like friends... Doesn't have to be awkward, nor the worst case scenario...
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EverythingIsHere)
I like how no one is like even if they don't hook up over there they could just go away from it like friends... Doesn't have to be awkward, nor the worst case scenario...
Oh yhh
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Paris
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
OK thanks everyone for input so far. I'll just respond generally to stuff pointed out.

She was too shy to even meet up initially so will assume she's not a murderer. Thief? Unlikely since she's given me so much personal info over the last week. Wont rule it out yet though lol.

Does seem like she wants to sleep with me, which yeah, is playing on my mind hence why instinct must've stopped me from ruling it out. This would've been a much easier decision to make if I wasn't also sexually attracted to her.

She isn't a gold digger or she wouldn't be talking to me loool. The idea is to split also, after semi-agreeing that was the 1st thing I made clear to her. If anything she'd probably think I'm cheap.

So seems the risk people are thinking is that it could get awkward. Not gonna lie if that's the only downside, I'm thinking it might be worth it. So leaning towards going for it. Maybe I'm being naive?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I’m ur date
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OK thanks everyone for input so far. I'll just respond generally to stuff pointed out.

She was too shy to even meet up initially so will assume she's not a murderer. Thief? Unlikely since she's given me so much personal info over the last week. Wont rule it out yet though lol.

Does seem like she wants to sleep with me, which yeah, is playing on my mind hence why instinct must've stopped me from ruling it out. This would've been a much easier decision to make if I wasn't also sexually attracted to her.

She isn't a gold digger or she wouldn't be talking to me loool. The idea is to split also, after semi-agreeing that was the 1st thing I made clear to her. If anything she'd probably think I'm cheap.

So seems the risk people are thinking is that it could get awkward. Not gonna lie if that's the only downside, I'm thinking it might be worth it. So leaning towards going for it. Maybe I'm being naive?
No ,just crack on!
EverythingIsHere
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Go for it man
heermeet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nah thats kinda extreme for a first date with a stranger

whatever happened to a simple restaurant or a movie?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
too full-on for me
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like you've been speaking to her for nearly a month now so you're gonna be better placed than anybody else to judge whether spending a whole weekend with her is a good idea or not.

General considerations for you are already outed in the thread mostly, but here's a summary of the cost benefit analysis:
-A whole weekend together is probably gonna lead to a smash or several, if you're down for that
-You've never actually met her before and the lady you meet in person might be a bit different. Though this risk is lessened by the fact that you've both done more than chat by text
-Money. Whomst is paying?
-If worst comes to worst and one of you decides they can't stand the other, you're both sort of stuck with each other.

A suggestion I've not seen yet is to maybe try and halfway house it: Agree to go away with her on the premise that you meet one day before going away together. A weekend like that is likely to be a better time as a second 'date' than a first anyway, and one meet of any kind beforehand will give you a better idea of what you're letting yourself in for.

In your place I'd probably just go though, if it goes wrong you'll have an interesting story to tell people.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep way too soon. Even though you've spoken on the phone, it's still essentially going away with a stranger.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
A suggestion I've not seen yet is to maybe try and halfway house it: Agree to go away with her on the premise that you meet one day before going away together. A weekend like that is likely to be a better time as a second 'date' than a first anyway, and one meet of any kind beforehand will give you a better idea of what you're letting yourself in for.
This is actually a good idea, I'll set it up but we'll get food the day before that'll give me enough time to flake it if necessary.

Tbh, it's unlikely, I know it's only a few chats over the phone but can tell when I'm not really on the same wavelength as a person, I didn't really get that feeling here. Also I'm quite versatile even if I'm with someone I'm not quite clicking with I can still make it a decent time for myself since it'll be somewhere with a lot to do.

Also I've gone out with girls on Tinder "traditionally" and a few have gone south so quickly on top of being boring. Getting tired of that whole "meet for coffee" thing at least. Yeah I'll do this anyway, thanks.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In your situation I'd be fully expecting her to say "Can you forward me the train fare? I'll pay you back."
Or on the day a panic message saying "I've lost my purse / had it stolen / the taxi drove away with my purse. I'm stranded, please help!" Or some other completely fictitious scam to extract a bit of money from you.

This all smells very much like a scam set-up.

Or possibly a catfish where she will stand you up.

But you never know. Is there any way you could set this all up and pay nothing until she's actually arrived when and where she said she would? Or set it up so you'd just carry on the week-end on your own and still be happy to pay the travel and hotel costs?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
In your situation I'd be fully expecting her to say "Can you forward me the train fare? I'll pay you back."
Or on the day a panic message saying "I've lost my purse / had it stolen / the taxi drove away with my purse. I'm stranded, please help!" Or some other completely fictitious scam to extract a bit of money from you.

This all smells very much like a scam set-up.

Or possibly a catfish where she will stand you up.

But you never know. Is there any way you could set this all up and pay nothing until she's actually arrived when and where she said she would? Or set it up so you'd just carry on the week-end on your own and still be happy to pay the travel and hotel costs?
Interesting take. I'm about 99% it's not a scam because seems like a lot of hassle for just a single weekend right?

In terms of this though, train to location is cheap. The hotel isnt expensive either but only takes payment on arrival and we've already agreed to split. Her response to me saying "we splitting?" was "well, duh", not how I'd expect a scammer to respond.

Thanks for looking out, but I think I'm covered in regards to my money. Was more concerned if she'd flake out, so I set it up that if she does I lose nothing. Still I'll keep my guard up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads