Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've applied for Cardiff through clearing and I'm applying for accommodation however I can't pick a specific accommodation? Does this mean the accommodation is going to be picked for me? This isn't really ideal...
autumniscoming
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm going to Cardiff as well. it was my first choice so I picked my accommodation in may but I got my 3rd choice. I genuinely haven't heard of anyone this year who got their 1st choice so if it makes you feel better you definitely won't be the only one to be upset with your accommodation. what are you studying? we might meet eachother
anzoceo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No it literally doesn’t let me pick a specific accommodation I can’t explain it but it only allows you to pick your accommodations let time & if it’s self catered etc.

& i’m studying chemistry broski wbu
Sahra.21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I live in Cardiff is better to choose a accommodation that’s is near by your university.
autumniscoming
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing French and Spanish. my name's Rosie and I'm staying in a student house on Colum road (number 100). my real name is Rosie btw. I think it's just that there really isn't that much to choose from so you just get what you're given I'm afraid.
jakejlewis128
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From what I’ve read, if you go through clearing you don’t get to pick specific accommodation but you get to choose things that are priorities for you and they’ll try to give you accommodation that matches your specifications as closely as possible. As has been said above, you wouldn’t be given the accommodation you wanted anyway so you’re not in too much of a dissimilar position to those who picked Cardiff as their firm choice.
dhanya02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by autumniscoming)
I'm going to Cardiff as well. it was my first choice so I picked my accommodation in may but I got my 3rd choice. I genuinely haven't heard of anyone this year who got their 1st choice so if it makes you feel better you definitely won't be the only one to be upset with your accommodation. what are you studying? we might meet eachother
Hi! I didn't get my first choice either. I got Gordon Hall which was like my 5th or 6th choice haha
kazza1811
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've applied for Cardiff through clearing and I'm applying for accommodation however I can't pick a specific accommodation? Does this mean the accommodation is going to be picked for me? This isn't really ideal...
hey i applied through clearing and i cant apply as i dont have the username and password thing so how are you applying
caits2001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by autumniscoming)
I'm doing French and Spanish. my name's Rosie and I'm staying in a student house on Colum road (number 100). my real name is Rosie btw. I think it's just that there really isn't that much to choose from so you just get what you're given I'm afraid.
Hi, my name is Caitlin and I'm also studying Spanish and French. You're so lucky that you managed to get Colum road! I was literally given my last choice that's by Roath so I'm not impressed at all
bbhc03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by caits2001)
Hi, my name is Caitlin and I'm also studying Spanish and French. You're so lucky that you managed to get Colum road! I was literally given my last choice that's by Roath so I'm not impressed at all
Hi! Which halls were you assigned? Is there any chance you’d want to swap? I’m also really unhappy with my accommodation x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (33)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (262)
58.88%
No (150)
33.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed