Aren't babies the same as dogs? Watch

Hiro2468
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
They eat, sleep, poop repeat and you have to take them out for walks for their health, although that would look weird. There's even a baby leash for toddlers so they don't wander off.

This thought started from when I was thinking of a present for my niece and jokingly said a chew toy since babies like to chew on things but then I thought of it seriously and it seems perfect as she can't choke on it and can chew on it at the same time!

I remember buying a tennis ball for my other nephew and playing catch with him so I thought why not?

Now I could sound really stupid here so I'm open to other ideas for a gift for my niece or thoughts about babies and dogs.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hiro2468)
They eat, sleep, poop repeat and you have to take them out for walks for their health, although that would look weird. There's even a baby leash for toddlers so they don't wander off.

This thought started from when I was thinking of a present for my niece and jokingly said a chew toy since babies like to chew on things but then I thought of it seriously and it seems perfect as she can't choke on it and can chew on it at the same time!

I remember buying a tennis ball for my other nephew and playing catch with him so I thought why not?

Now I could sound really stupid here so I'm open to other ideas for a gift for my niece or thoughts about babies and dogs.
I would buy contraception for the parents - they will be knackered !
Charlotte LG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

My family has had a dog for almost 13 years and we always say that it is very similar to having a baby or a child. I guess the difference is that you don’t need to teach a dog to walk or talk (because they’re non-verbal) but you have to toilet train them all the same, feed them, give them cuddles! I do agree with you, babies and dogs are very similar. 🐶
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably explains why they get on so well...

Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlotte LG)
My family has had a dog for almost 13 years and we always say that it is very similar to having a baby or a child. I guess the difference is that you don’t need to teach a dog to walk or talk (because they’re non-verbal) but you have to toilet train them all the same, feed them, give them cuddles! I do agree with you, babies and dogs are very similar. 🐶
That's cute! So should I get my nephew a chew toy? I know it sounds stupid but she won't choke on it if I get the right size.
STNKat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can get teething toys for babies.

Chew toys for dogs are not made of food safe materials like chew toys for babies. Nor are they tested to the same rigorous standards.

Check out websites like Kidly
You can get amazing Dinosaur shaped teethers that double up as a toy.
Or Sophie La Giraffe is a well known toy that has been popular with babies for 50 years.
Glaz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah but baby dogs look cute as f*** but baby humans look like potatoes so there's a stark contrast there.
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by STNKat)
You can get teething toys for babies.

Chew toys for dogs are not made of food safe materials like chew toys for babies. Nor are they tested to the same rigorous standards.

Check out websites like Kidly
You can get amazing Dinosaur shaped teethers that double up as a toy.
Or Sophie La Giraffe is a well known toy that has been popular with babies for 50 years.
Thank you so much!
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glaz)
Yeah but baby dogs look cute as f*** but baby humans look like potatoes so there's a stark contrast there.
Lol potatoes can look cute too
Sorani
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Companies are lazier with standards for toys for animals, they're not suitable for babies.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

How old is your niece? From being just a few months old my niece loved the 'Hairy Maclary' books by Lynley Dodd. They're about dogs! They are written in rhyme, and I think my niece liked the pattern of the words. She enjoyed reading them properly as she got older, too. Lovely illustrations to point things out and discuss.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My dogs are better than any baby
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
How old is your niece? From being just a few months old my niece loved the 'Hairy Maclary' books by Lynley Dodd. They're about dogs! They are written in rhyme, and I think my niece liked the pattern of the words. She enjoyed reading them properly as she got older, too. Lovely illustrations to point things out and discuss.
She's 1 rn although I'm worried that she'll just chew on the book and throw it somewhere.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is why guinea pigs are superior to humans, guinea babies come out fully formed (cut teeth, fully furred). Human babies just come out as ineffectual shrieking pink blobs
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
She's 1 rn although I'm worried that she'll just chew on the book and throw it somewhere.
Maybe for Christmas, then. Once she's old enough to sit up on your knee and appreciate them as books and not chew toys lol.
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
This is why guinea pigs are superior to humans, guinea babies come out fully formed (cut teeth, fully furred). Human babies just come out as ineffectual shrieking pink blobs
😂😂
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Maybe for Christmas, then. Once she's old enough to sit up on your knee and appreciate them as books and not chew toys lol.
Thanks yet again for the idea!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.62%
Pop (163)
24.47%