The Student Room Group

are my a levels good?

so i’m going into year 12 and i want to take

psychology
sociology
criminology
biology

are these worthwhile subjects? i want to be a criminal psychologist when i’m older. any help would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by ffzcharlotte

psychology
sociology
criminology
biology

are these worthwhile subjects? i want to be a criminal psychologist when i’m older. any help would be appreciated :smile:

These subjects sound pretty good! Have you looked at universities to see what particular A-Levels they would like for criminal psychology? There is a website I came across, you put in the subjects you are doing for A-Level and it tells you what you can do at uni with those. I can’t remember the website name, I think I just googled what degree can you do with A-Levels or something along those lines. I hope this helps and I wish you luck with A-Levels and hope you have fun with them! 😊
thank you so much 😊. yeah i’ve looked and they seem to be a good mix (there isn’t a lot of info for a levels to take, as long as i get an accredited degree in psychology). i appreciate the help a lot :smile:
Original post by username4914334
thank you so much 😊. yeah i’ve looked and they seem to be a good mix (there isn’t a lot of info for a levels to take, as long as i get an accredited degree in psychology). i appreciate the help a lot :smile:

I've moved this to the psychology forum

Do you mean forensic psychologist? There's no such thing as a criminal psychologist. FPs tend to work in prisons
They sound great! If you do struggle to handle 4 A Levels (I definitely did and ended up dropping one) then make sure to keep psychology and biology and drop one of the other two.
Reply 5
I did psychology, sociology and criminology and I'm doing psychology degree now.
Original post by username4914334

psychology
sociology
criminology
biology

Hi there.

These A-levels are absolutely worthwhile as they're going to build knowledge pertaining to being a criminal psychologist. Be certain to do research into how to become a criminal psychologist, though, as this'll inform you of what A-levels you need to do for whichever course at university will be a step in the right direction toward your future career. Surely psychology, criminology and possibly even biology are all potentially what you'll need but it's never a bad thing to double check.

Good luck and best wishes.

Quick Reply

Latest