swizz22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm planning on resitting 2 of my A levels this year i got CCE last year how you fill out UCAS on your own e.g. personal statement changes and predicted grades etc.
UCLan Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,

Here are some of my top tips on writing your UCAS personal statement:

Don't over complicate it, it can be tempting to try and include everything you have ever done in your personal statement but it's key to keep your statement concise, natural and relevant to the course you are applying for. Keep looking back at the course webpage to make sure that everything you are writing relates back to how you are a suitable candidate for the course.

Prepare to write several drafts, practice makes perfect. Keep proof reading your statement with a fresh set of eyes, if you start writing your statement early, you can re-read it over several days and think about any changes you want to make. Don't rush into sending your application off to universities - a good application takes time.

Spelling, grammar and cross checking your statement for mistakes is key to the success of your submission. Read it out loud, even ask a friend or a family member to take a look over it. Sometimes when you've spent a long time writing something and you know how it's going to make sense in your head, you may not pick up on the odd word that's out of place. A fresh set of eyes can always help.

Good luck with your resits!

Kat (official rep)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (67)
23.18%
No (222)
76.82%

Watched Threads