Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I liked the GCSE biology spec mainly paper one I wasn't too fond of the ecosystem bits so how does a level biology compare to GCSE ( I did AQA GCSE biology)
petitcroissant
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
AQA A level biology has a loooot of content, (20 chapters) and there are a few chapters on ecosystems. its not necessarily hard but its a lot to remember and the questions are quite different from how gcse questions are worded i suggest looking at past papers and seeing for yourself how the questions are worded.
As long as you keep on top of your work and do a LOT of practice papers you'll be fine
Last edited by petitcroissant; 7 months ago
Rae5
Rep:
?
Thank you, what grade in biology GCSE would you say is a minimum for me to even consider taking a level biology
petitcroissant
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Rae5)
Thank you, what grade in biology GCSE would you say is a minimum for me to even consider taking a level biology
Hmm honestly i got an A at GCSE and still found adjusting really hard in year 12, but the new gcse spec is harder so you'll be better prepared than I was so I'd say getting anywhere from a 6 to 9 is enough to consider it.
anonymoussse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
edexcel biology paper 1 out of 3 is full of plants and ecosystems and climate change and evolution and succession and immunity. but don't fret, i used to hate the ecosystem stuff and the plant stuff, but after lots of practice, i preferred the plant stuff over the human stuff (just in exams though lol). most likely this will happen with you because the plant stuff is repeated so much in exams (similar format of Qs) ( i got an A in this paper !! )

biology is all about learning mark schemes. unfortunately, even if u know the content, if u dont hit the mark scheme points u're not awarded marks. so many top students get Bs bc of it
Last edited by anonymoussse; 7 months ago
Rae5
Rep:
?
Thank you that helped a lot I'm so stressed for results day as I have to pick my options that same day and enrol in sixth form
DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Aqa: 1. Biological molecules , 2. DNA 3. Cells 4. Transport across membranes 5. Immune response 6. Exchange 7. Mass transport 8. DNA and genes 9. Genes and mutations 10. Species and taxonomy 11. Photosynthesis 12. Respiration 13. Ecosystems and nutrient cycles 14. Response to stimuli 15. Stuff on muscles and nervous system 16. Homeostasis 17. Genetics 18. A bit more genetics with speciation and ecosystems 19. Populations 20. Genes and mutations and cancer 21. Gene technologies.
These are only approximate for aqa but give an idea
Rae5
Rep:
?
Thank you I might do biology with chemistry and maths and drop physics I'm still deciding
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (33)
50.77%
No, they should still go ahead (15)
23.08%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (17)
26.15%

Watched Threads