Paramedic/NHS topic for my EPQ (extended project qualification)

Watch this thread
Yiling_Patriarch
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am starting my final year of college studying health, psychology and applied science. In addition to these, I also signed up to take part in EPQ in my final year.

However, I am struggling to think of any paramedic/NHS related topics I could create my dissertation on as I intend to study paramedic practice at university.

I am aiming for grade B and higher on my EPQ so I want to find a topic I can passionately write/talk about in great detail.

I will be extremely grateful for any possible ideas you all will give.

Thanks in advance.
username3327870
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I did my EPQ on medical ethics, I got an A*. I want to study medicine.
Personally I choose to do medical ethics cases that were covered in the media. I found it easier to find resources on it. I would advise you to look at newspaper articles online and I was told to choose a “controversial” topic. My supervisor told me that it’s easier to debate the topic and allows you to write longer as some people may find that it’s hard to meet the word count with a specific topic.
Yiling_Patriarch
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Ri012345)
I did my EPQ on medical ethics, I got an A*. I want to study medicine.
Personally I choose to do medical ethics cases that were covered in the media. I found it easier to find resources on it. I would advise you to look at newspaper articles online and I was told to choose a “controversial” topic. My supervisor told me that it’s easier to debate the topic and allows you to write longer as some people may find that it’s hard to meet the word count with a specific topic.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into it!
username3822514
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Maybe you could look at the role of a paramedic over time or look at the extent to which targets for responding to x,y,z condition has improved or not services and outcomes?
katie tomo
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yiling_Patriarch)
I am starting my final year of college studying health, psychology and applied science. In addition to these, I also signed up to take part in EPQ in my final year.

However, I am struggling to think of any paramedic/NHS related topics I could create my dissertation on as I intend to study paramedic practice at university.

I am aiming for grade B and higher on my EPQ so I want to find a topic I can passionately write/talk about in great detail.

I will be extremely grateful for any possible ideas you all will give.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, just wondering how did you get on with the epq and did u continue with the idea of paramedics?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads