The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

primary education qts

Which is the better university to study Edge Hill, Winchester or Liverpool Hope - concerned with the poor ratings for Hope - also interested in being close to the night life
Original post by theresa mooney
Which is the better university to study Edge Hill, Winchester or Liverpool Hope - concerned with the poor ratings for Hope - also interested in being close to the night life

Hey Theresa :h:

Choosing the right university is very important - and looking into different Universities and what they have to offer is essential!
I'm not sure where you have heard these poor ratings upon our University, but here are some we are extremely proud of:

- We are celebrating our 175th birthday and are developing our University every year
- We have spent £60 Million on campus developments which includes our Creative Campus and our Health Sciences
- The 2020 Complete University Guide ranked Liverpool Hope 5th in the UK for student Satisfaction
- We are 1st in the North West for student experience
- 98.1% of our Graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduating, this made us first in England and 2nd in the UK for graduate prospects

From my time at Liverpool Hope I feel I had a great experience, from academic terms with our small numbers in our classes tutors are able to help and give advice on a one to one level and ensuring you are meeting academic standards.
I have Graduated from Drama and Special Educational Needs and I am currently doing my Masters in performance so if you are interested in either of these subjects within teaching I would be more than happy to talk to you about them! :wavey:

It is obviously very important to choose a uni based on what your subject choice is but again like you mentioned night life is also very important!
Liverpool is a city like no other, a vibrant city and there is always somewhere to go or something to do on a night out. Liverpool is home to Concert Square is bursting with a variety of places from sports bars, live music and night clubs open 7 days a week.
It also has a great festival scene home to Liverpool International Music Festival (LIMF) where just past last month had Sigma Ella Eyre and Sister Sledge playing at the festival. :party:
Located in Sefton Park, just a short drive from the city centre is Fusion Festival which is also on during the summer (normally the first week in September). Some of the notable acts that have performed over the years include Shawn Mendes, Take That, Years and Years and David Guetta to name a few!

If you have any other questions again I would be more than happy to help you out :gthumb:

Ruth:zorro:
(edited 4 years ago)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by theresa mooney

Hi Theresa, hope you're well!

We don't want to tell you which uni to go to (as we'd be obviously biased!), so instead we'll give you a little info about us.

We're based in Ormskirk, a small town near Liverpool. We're a campus university, meaning everything you need is in one dedicated area. You essentially get the best of both worlds - there's bars and clubs in both Ormskirk and Liverpool to visit, but you also get to relax at a quiet, peaceful campus. Our Students' Union hold socials every Wednesday, as well as other stuff such as cocktail making masterclasses and society events.

Primary Education's a popular course where you'll study both in our Faculty of Education and on placement. You'll be supported throughout your three years here, both by us and your placement provider. You can see our ratings here, and course information here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending