The Student Room Group

cambridge supplementary application questionnaire?

hey guys,

there are about 3 writting questions that need to be filled:

1. wat aspect of the course at cam attracted u to apply?
2. were u able to take the As/A level...Please comment
3.Is there anything else not already on your application that you would like us to know?

=========

For those questions, should we have to write "proberly"? And How long do we need to write?

Are they important? I mean, do they count these answers to make offers as well?

For the 3rd question, do I need to write something more to advertise myself more?

Thanks for answer me
Reply 1
evoraah
hey guys,

3.Is there anything else not already on your application that you would like us to know?

=========

For those questions, should we have to write "proberly"? And How long do we need to write?

For the 3rd question, do I need to write something more to advertise myself more?

Thanks for answer me

I doubt they putch mch of a weighting to the SAQ. I think they collect data for statistics purposes and so that they can keep up iwht what's happening in schools
spelling errors, "writing" not writting! "properly" not proberly,

As for your questions, the first one should be done densely and "properly". Second question depends if you were able to take the subjects you required, if you werent, for example, your subjects clashed, then write so!

Third question, if you want them to know anything else, then write so, i just said how im awaiting one of my subjects individual module marks!

Everything is taken in to consideration when applying, so its probably best if you do it properly!
Reply 3
usman_psycho
spelling errors, "writing" not writting! "properly" not proberly,

As for your questions, the first one should be done densely and "properly". Second question depends if you were able to take the subjects you required, if you werent, for example, your subjects clashed, then write so!

Third question, if you want them to know anything else, then write so, i just said how im awaiting one of my subjects individual module marks!

Everything is taken in to consideration when applying, so its probably best if you do it properly!

Yeah true. And on my SAQ they said the questionnaire is also for the purpose of the interview so they may ask you questions on it. So just make sure you note any important things you wrote.
Reply 4
evoraah
hey guys,

=========

Thanks for answer me

1) Need to write a good answer.

2) If yes, then a simple sentence stating this will be adequate.

3) If there isn't then leave it blank! I did :smile:
Reply 5
thanks guys!!!:biggrin:

oops, sorry for the spelling mistakes :frown:
Reply 6
!Laxy!

Sums it up quite nicely.
I also left the last box blank.
I think for everything involving Cambridge you should make an effort to write "properly". Makes you look better :wink:
Reply 7
!Laxy!

Ditto to those sentments :cool:
!Laxy!

Ok, this is worrying. Are the forms different between colleges, because I only have one line for that question...one line! I can't even fit a sentence onto it. Was just going to bullet-point it: something along the lines of "<>supervisions <>focus on analytic philosophy" and maybe one more, if I can think of anything VERY short.

Do you think it'll really matter if we don't write properly...I just don't see how I can do "a good answer" in that amount of space.? [And, frankly, I've said it all on the extra statement on the CAF - I wish they'd stop asking the same things!!!]

ZarathustraX
Reply 9
Zarathustra
Ok, this is worrying. Are the forms different between colleges, because I only have one line for that question...one line! I can't even fit a sentence onto it. Was just going to bullet-point it: something along the lines of "<>supervisions <>focus on analytic philosophy" and maybe one more, if I can think of anything VERY short.

Do you think it'll really matter if we don't write properly...I just don't see how I can do "a good answer" in that amount of space.? [And, frankly, I've said it all on the extra statement on the CAF - I wish they'd stop asking the same things!!!]

ZarathustraX

I was concerned about the tiny amount of space too. I just wrote one sentence. Something like:

"I'm interested in studying philosophy and classical philology and no other university offers them."
Zarathustra

ZarathustraX
Lol - I understand your worries.

Clearly the forms *are* different - for Emma I got a 3-inch tall box for that Q.
For you, clearly bullet points are ok. And if you really want, I think using two lines instead of one is forgivable.

I can't quite remember what I wrote for that... I was in such a rush to get it in on time! I think it was about it being a single-honours philosophy degree, and the overall academic reputation, blah-de-blah. It did sound quite good though, in my memory. :rolleyes:

Giving the same answers twice is annoying, I know, but if you're not saying anything specific about the college, why would it change? They'll hardly spend hours cross-examining Cambridge forms and College ones.
:wink:
Heh, ok well I panicked in the end, realising I had to send it today and still having nothing spectacular to put! I seem to have quite successfully repressed any exact memories of it already, but it was a one-line sentence about how at Cam they seem to focus a lot on "doing" and not simply "learning" phil.
Does that sound really thick in an I-didn't-know-what-to-say kind of way?

This is all way too stressful. I'm having at least two days off before I attempt the fee status application questionnaire...I'm sure that's not even written in English. Damn uni. They'd better take me after all this...

*grumbles resentfully and looks tired*

ZarathustraX
Zarathustra

This is all way too stressful. I'm having at least two days off before I attempt the fee status application questionnaire...I'm sure that's not even written in English. Damn uni. They'd better take me after all this...

I haven't even got one of those!
Maybe for some colleges, you have to actually have a place before they fiddle with details like that...

Latest

Trending

Trending