The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bronn
Was 21 pounds down today on my 3rd shift and got a verbal warning, feel so bad :frown: don't know how I managed it!

I have to say, I'm so glad I only worked at Mcdonald's for 3 months. The management were horrible (shouting at you for things you hadn't done) and the staff were horrible (talking down to you like they think they're managers). I always got stuck with other people using my till too, which they're not supposed to do, so I was always down on my till and it got taken out of MY wages instead of split between me and the other person, even after I told them someone else used my till! And I remember one time someone else had been using my till and I had £5 voucher in my till and I was down, the manager had the voucher in front of her and wouldn't listen to me telling her there was a voucher and other people were using my till and made me sign to say it could be taken from my wages. So glad I got out of there!

I don't think it's right they take money from your wages if you're down on your till - everywhere I've worked people have been down on tills, but Mcdonald's is the only place I've worked where they take your money to replace the money lost. And it's not like it's a lot of money you get paid anyway...
Reply 4281
Original post by rosie9391
My store got a gap report back at the weekend but failed to get 100% (got 92 I think) as the guy serving didn't say bye/enjoy your meal at the end. I thought getting all 5 stars taken off, not being allowed on the crew night out, any extra shifts and a warning a tad harsh...

:eek: That's ludicrous!
Reply 4282
Original post by bronn
Was 21 pounds down today on my 3rd shift and got a verbal warning, feel so bad :frown: don't know how I managed it!

Chances are it could have been a mix-up with change and it might be in the safe, but they won't know until a manager has counted it later on. If it has the cash retraining slip you got would've been ripped up. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as it doesn't happen all the time, everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
Original post by Stacks
:eek: That's ludicrous!

Exactly, and they've put the report up in the crew room and underneath wrote that the person will be disciplined (followed by what I mentioned above) and it's not the way we run our store. There's no name but then the managers go around telling everyone anyway, which isn't fair either.
Reply 4284
Original post by SortYourLife
only your 3rd shift though, its expected :smile: i dont know how i manage it either :s-smilie: I'm never right :P but hey :smile: I've only done 3 shifts too! how far apart were yours? I did my first one, had my 2nd the next day, then my 3rd was 2 weeks after my 2nd :P

I had my first one on Saturday, next one on Sunday and third today. And I've work 21 hours in total. Too much when I'm a new starter :/
Since working at McDonalds since October 2009 part-time, as a person I am much more cruel and vile :borat:
Is wearing a hair net compulsory?
Reply 4287
Original post by APonderingMind
Is wearing a hair net compulsory?

No body at ours wears one
Reply 4288
I asked for last sunday off as I was on holiday for 3 days, but on the saturday I asked if I could get extra hours and they told me once the summer holidays were started they'd give me more shifts. But they've given me just one 11-4 this week when usually I do both saturday and sunday and it says on my contract I have a minimum hours as 8/10 (McTime isn't working, I can't check-.-)

If this happens again the next weekend, can I not ring and ask what's going on? I'm nearly always getting praised for doing usually pretty well when I'm on Reg and Quatre grill, it's piss easy and rarely mess up. I've only been working there 2 months now, can/should I call up and ask if it happens again next week?
anyone know who I'm meant to speak to to get paid? :P
Reply 4290
Is McTime down for everyone still? I need to check my shifts! :frown:
Original post by hype
Is McTime down for everyone still? I need to check my shifts! :frown:

mine was working this morning :smile:
Reply 4292
Oh wait it's working now! :biggrin:
My Mctime has not been working for the past two days.
Ugh!
Reply 4294
My store got a gap report back at the weekend but failed to get 100% (got 92 I think) as the guy serving didn't say bye/enjoy your meal at the end. I thought getting all 5 stars taken off, not being allowed on the crew night out, any extra shifts and a warning a tad harsh...

Whoever it was should inform McDonalds because that's not right. This is the reason I'm looking for a new job after summer because you basically have to always worry about getting a gapbuster and it not being good while you have to take as many orders as possible and get through customers quickly. I'm fed up with gapbusters and it just adds pressure and stress I don't need when I get barely paid anything. I would have mentioned this in the your voice survey but I wasn't even given a code to do it. I didn't mind working there when I started but now everyone I know wants to get out and I don't blame them.
anyone know the payroll email?
I nearly got suspended last month for repeatedly saying "beep"
Reply 4297

There are only 4 stars!

Apart from the stars taken off (only service should be) the rest is not too bad.

GAPbusters play a large part in McDonalds, it judges your store, the manager and decides whether staff get bonuses. To muck up on something as basic as saying thank you is inexcusable, especaially with 4 stars on the badge (if that's how he deals with a gap how does he deal with regular customers?). At my store we pride ourselves on achieving 0% CSO every gap (with very few exceptions). When someone messes that up they get in deep ****, not as bad as you have described though.
Original post by fwed1
There are only 4 stars!

Apart from the stars taken off (only service should be) the rest is not too bad.

GAPbusters play a large part in McDonalds, it judges your store, the manager and decides whether staff get bonuses. To muck up on something as basic as saying thank you is inexcusable, especaially with 4 stars on the badge (if that's how he deals with a gap how does he deal with regular customers?). At my store we pride ourselves on achieving 0% CSO every gap (with very few exceptions). When someone messes that up they get in deep ****, not as bad as you have described though.

Whoops, don't know where 5 came from!

I'd understand if he dropped on other things as well, but personally, think they took the discipline too far. I also agree with the above person in regards to the stress, and the way the managers deal with a possible gap at my store just seems crazy. A gap customer gets treated a lot better than a regular one, and think there's something not right there - it's just too much sucking up.
Reply 4299
Whoops, don't know where 5 came from!

I'd understand if he dropped on other things as well, but personally, think they took the discipline too far. I also agree with the above person in regards to the stress, and the way the managers deal with a possible gap at my store just seems crazy. A gap customer gets treated a lot better than a regular one, and think there's something not right there - it's just too much sucking up.

Maybe it was an overreaction but I bet now no one will forget their thank yous during gap time!

Gaps get treated better than other customers in every store because they are so important.