The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Anyone else working New Years day? :frown:

Xmas eve worked 8-5, boxing day (today) worked 7-4, new years eve open, new years day 8-5. Not going to be pleasant.
Reply 1061
Ouch, I'm on the NYE open and on NY day but I'm going to ask someone to cover it as I am going to a family party and I dedicate just about every day in the week to work so I should be allowed it off.

Was on a 7-4 too today as we open at 8am. As soon as I opened the door at 8am we absolutely got hammered (being on a retail park) and staff was minimal.. it was good fun.
I got christmas eve close (close at 7, out for 7.15), boxing day open (open at 8, so 7.30 start), new years eve close (close at 9, should be out for 9.30) and then new years day open (open at 9, so will start at 8.30).

not nice.
We've only got 14 staff scheduled for New Years Day. I take it New Years is a quiet day?
Im ment to work new years but i cant get there. So its very unlikely i will be, I got christmas eve/Boxing day off to and of course christmas day =]
I did xmas eve close (11.30-9.30!) and new year's day 12-6, all good fun.
I signed up to work on new year's eve (it was compulsory to sign up for either Christmas or new year) but I didn't get scheduled for it. The girl doing the schedule is really nice, so I think she first tried to leave students out of the holiday schedule.

The other day we had an 88 cheeseburges + 8 hamburgers order...

few hours later:
53 hamburgers. We were all like: what the heck has happened to people today?

I'm happy. I have almost two McDonalds-free weeks. My last shift this year was last saturday, but we had a staff meeting on last sunday. My next shift is saturday 12-20. It's going to be fun. I hope people will still have a hangover and don't even think about McD :smile: It's unlikely though...

Also, guys, does your hair smell of grease too? I had to wash it 4 times to make the smell go away :s My mum was telling me "Sorry, but you smell like a deep hot fryer" lol
Mangaartist
Also, guys, does your hair smell of grease too? I had to wash it 4 times to make the smell go away :s My mum was telling me "Sorry, but you smell like a deep hot fryer" lol

Especially if you spend the first few hours of your shift dropping them.
matt bass
Especially if you spend the first few hours of your shift dropping them.

true :smile: if the store manager is there, she always dumps me on fries, and if I'm not saved by some miracle in the meantime, I can rot there 'till the end of my shift...
Last week I worked 6 days (every day except xmas) and this week I'm working 7 days.... When I told my manager that I would be available every day, I didnt think he would take it so literally :frown:
I cant get to work tomorrow
so their ment to be arognizing me a lift but they havnt yet so im gonna call them tonight.
According to the tray liners we have the Spicy Veggie Deli isn't suitable for vegetarians? How's that? Lol!
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
According to the tray liners we have the Spicy Veggie Deli isn't suitable for vegetarians? How's that? Lol!

lol Although I know from the good old days when I was vegetarian, that hardly anything in McD is suitable for us :smile: I can't really sympathize with those who order BigMac without meat, though.
Loving the new promotional items, toffee crisp!
Mangaartist
lol Although I know from the good old days when I was vegetarian, that hardly anything in McD is suitable for us :smile: I can't really sympathize with those who order BigMac without meat, though.

Haha, that happened to me for the first time today! We had no veggie patties so a woman ordered a Big Mac without meat. Veggies don't seem to know though...
I am sick of McDonalds at the moment, they keep putting me on closes :frown: and not paying me the correct amount. In addition there are days mentioned on my contract that I can't work yet they put me on for those days. Plus because I am crew trainer I can't get star of the shift :frown: and my efforts remain unappreciated.

I haven't completed some of the SOC's I was supposed to do on people because we are not scheduled for the same time and yet the managers say they will hand out warnings for those who don't complete the SOC's.

I booked off next Monday because my mum told me that was the day I was going to the pantomime with my mum but then it turns out that it is Wednesday so I will be "sick" and they will freak out about that. I will actually preserve my integrity and tell the managers but what else can I do?

I am sick of Mcdonalds, the past few weeks I have been doing 35+ hours per week and it has taken its toll on me. :frown:
how did you go about applying for mcdonalds? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1077
You go online to www.mcdcareers.co.uk - tradingmyheartforyours, I do opens all the time and I end up doing around 50 hours a week and I've done that for the last 7 months without a holiday. I'm mad yes lol
rt
tradingmyheartforyours, I do opens all the time and I end up doing around 50 hours a week and I've done that for the last 7 months without a holiday. I'm mad yes lol

Closes are worse... :biggrin:

Sorry I was just in rant phase but I got a shift covered thankfully, just need to get a million and one socs completed for people.

It is good knowing someone is in a worse position than me though, :p:

Treat yourself to a holiday especially as the time for holidays is going up.
rt
You go online to www.mcdcareers.co.uk - tradingmyheartforyours, I do opens all the time and I end up doing around 50 hours a week and I've done that for the last 7 months without a holiday. I'm mad yes lol

I just read you're working at a Bolton store, dose it have a drive through?

Latest

Trending

Trending