The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have an 'Interview/OJE' on Monday, I think I'm going to go but I'd be really nervous about working in McDonald's if they offered me a job, so much so I'm not entirely sure why I applied.
Is it hell, or is it not too bad? Could I just work on tills if I wanted, or would I have to work in the kitchen part of the time or something...
Just looking for some opinions on what it's like to work there, so I know whether to accept the job or not, if it's offered!
Reply 1141
mimimimi
I have an 'Interview/OJE' on Monday, I think I'm going to go but I'd be really nervous about working in McDonald's if they offered me a job, so much so I'm not entirely sure why I applied.
Is it hell, or is it not too bad? Could I just work on tills if I wanted, or would I have to work in the kitchen part of the time or something...
Just looking for some opinions on what it's like to work there, so I know whether to accept the job or not, if it's offered!

There's no reason to be nervous, you'll probably enjoy it more than other jobs, because you can have a laugh with the people you work with and to be honest it isn't the hardest work in the world. When you first start you will be put on either till or in kitchen and when you are full trained there, you will be rotated round so you are trained in every area. You could ask to be trained on till first, but it depends on which kind of staff they need at the moment.

If I was you I'd just go for it, you've got nothing to lose. :smile:
NickyP
My old store only had 6 shift managers, and I think that's about the right number. Maybe a couple more. The store I work in now is 24 hour, so we do need a couple more, but at the moment we have 13 shift managers but only 7 of us actually run shifts. My boss has also been told that she needs to promote another 4! I really don't get it.

Ah you also have the fun times of 24 hours. What a giant ball ache eh?
Reply 1143
matt bass
Ah you also have the fun times of 24 hours. What a giant ball ache eh?

Aye. I was on the all nighter last night, and it completely messes up my sleeping pattern for a good few days. :frown:
Last shift I worked: 3 people in the kitchen. Nightmare. Usually we have about 5 on quiet days and 7-8 (or more) on busy ones.
Reply 1145
Do Customer Care Assistants ever have to do the Crew Member jobs?
Reply 1146
McPhee8

I've seen it, cos they were trained in those areas and they were busy.
McPhee8

Yep, all of ours know how to use till, and one of our staff trainers and a shift runner used to be on lobby.

Also gotta love opens eh? I tell them I have a day off in a casual conversation, then she goes and puts me on the rota to work it.
Reply 1148
Might apply for a Customer Care Assistant then, anybody on here one of these? Any gd?
On the application form it has a personality section. Does it make a difference what you put or should I just choose the obvious answers? I mean like it asks having you ever told your parents a lie. Ummm, haha. Advice?
thatsjustit
On the application form it has a personality section. Does it make a difference what you put or should I just choose the obvious answers? I mean like it asks having you ever told your parents a lie. Ummm, haha. Advice?

I was honest with mine, thought they'd appreciate it more rather than someone who just wants to look good.
Reply 1151
It has been really busy the past couple of days in my store, at one point the guy on fries (he had been there for hours) started mumbling to himself "Don't these people eat anything else? Like rice or curry or salad? No they just eat this **** we sell here". Everyone was laughing, including the managers that heard him... one of the funniest moments I have had in the 3 or so months I have been there.
Reply 1152
McPhee8

i guess they can, if trained on other areas. I'm acustomer care assistant but i only know how to do the lobby so i dont do anything else. The 2 other customer care assistants i work with were originally crew members on tills, but they never do it anymore.
Reply 1153
I have a question about the 30% of o2 contracts! I want the samsung INNOV8 phone, which isn't available in the actual o2 shop BUT it is available in carphone warehouse with o2. Would I still be able to go into carephone warehouse and show my card and get the 30% of, or does it only apply if done in an o2 store, therefore not being able to get the phone I want :/
Reply 1154
how do you book days off?
i think its online but i dk how
i know how to get on mctime.
denty5
how do you book days off?
i think its online but i dk how
i know how to get on mctime.

on McTime go on the inbox part and click 'apply for time off' in the top right part of the screen...there you can apply for the time off, give a reason etc and wait for your store manager to ok via McTime.
Reply 1156
Woo - I've been promoted to a Crew Trainer! It might not mean alot to some of you but I work my ass off so it's good to be told in a way that I'm actually ok at my job :smile: Thing about our store is there is only two staff trainers and one of them is me now lol but my store is on the up.. at other stores crew trainers get alot of extra responsibilities like look after the safe, cash up etc. It's ashame we don't have that responsibility at my store, I suppose it is only my first week but it would be good fun to have extra responsibilities! For the meantime I am trying to get alot of initial training done on people has many have not got Service SOC's and they've been here for like 6-9 months! lol
rt
Woo - I've been promoted to a Crew Trainer! It might not mean alot to some of you but I work my ass off so it's good to be told in a way that I'm actually ok at my job :smile: Thing about our store is there is only two staff trainers and one of them is me now lol but my store is on the up.. at other stores crew trainers get alot of extra responsibilities like look after the safe, cash up etc. It's ashame we don't have that responsibility at my store, I suppose it is only my first week but it would be good fun to have extra responsibilities! For the meantime I am trying to get alot of initial training done on people has many have not got Service SOC's and they've been here for like 6-9 months! lol

Congratulations mate. I would never, ever in a million years allow any of my CTs to handle money. I try to avoid letting certain shift runners do this! Most of my CTs just couldnt care, very rarely let them run an area. I understand that CTs are the new 'floor managers' but as most of ours are kids i just dont trust them to do it.
Reply 1158
that is probally my problem, I guess as I am only 17 and some people respect me and co-operate but I don't have strong authority, i care though and am responsible with money - cashed myself up a few times but suppose my main job is training other/new staff lol and yeah i think that's why they got rid of floor managers.
our crew trainers have the responsibility of cashing up and looking after the safe. the senior managers hardly ever do this.

Latest

Trending

Trending