muteroute
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I decided to resit my A-levels and after facing edexcel maths this year I've decided to try ocr instead for the upcoming 2020 examinations. I was wondering what the necessary textbooks for ocr maths is? I've tried searching online but I've found various editions of different textbooks so I just wanted to make sure I know which set to get!
muteroute
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
bump
honestlykms
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
bump
UmamiPiñapple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The ocr Cambridge textbooks are excellent. I used them this year and honestly accredited my A* to them. They have colour coded progressively harder exam style questions and practice papers and topic tests. I’d really recommend them over the CGP ones, which aren’t really representative of the exam difficulty. You will need to buy 2 textbooks; an AS and an A2. Lots of people in my class just bought the A2 one because it was more useful, so if ur skint u could do that too.

I hope u find this useful, hit me up if u need more advice on Ocr maths!!
Last edited by UmamiPiñapple; 4 weeks ago
ThiagoBrigido
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am not endorsing any book however having bought two different books, I have noticed a strong foundation on the Cambridge's book.
I would say that the OCR A level both - maths and further maths are thin in explanation, however they provided a good set of practice questions. Unless you are assisted by a good maths teacher, you will be required to engage some extra readings, specially on pre Calculus area in order to achieve the highest grades.

Good luck!
honestlykms
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ThiagoBrigido)
I am not endorsing any book however having bought two different books, I have noticed a strong foundation on the Cambridge's book.
I would say that the OCR A level both - maths and further maths are thin in explanation, however they provided a good set of practice questions. Unless you are assisted by a good maths teacher, you will be required to engage some extra readings, specially on pre Calculus area in order to achieve the highest grades.

Good luck!
What do you mean by the latter? What extra readings would you suggest?

Do you have any exam question resources you'd recommend? Other than physics and maths tutor, if it's just physics and maths tutor you'd recommend then which questions?

Was the exam similar to the 2018 paper in terms of difficulty or substantially harder?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate