Utd4life0101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I would like to apply to either an Economics, Economics with management or economics with finance course. I’m thinking of applying to St Andrews, Warwick, Bristol, Durham and UCL. I do maths, biology and chemistry. Potentially predicted A*AA with the A* being likely to being Chemistry. Are these good uni options for economics? Also, are there any other top unis for economics you may recommend?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Utd4life0101)
Hi, I would like to apply to either an Economics, Economics with management or economics with finance course. I’m thinking of applying to St Andrews, Warwick, Bristol, Durham and UCL. I do maths, biology and chemistry. Potentially predicted A*AA with the A* being likely to being Chemistry. Are these good uni options for economics? Also, are there any other top unis for economics you may recommend?
they're all good choices, Warwick is particularly competitive in this field though and you're running the risk of having to rely on UCAS Extra/Clearing if you miss your grade predictions or get 5 rejections (very unlikely), you should really have a safety option in there.
Utd4life0101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
they're all good choices, Warwick is particularly competitive in this field though and you're running the risk of having to rely on UCAS Extra/Clearing if you miss your grade predictions or get 5 rejections (very unlikely), you should really have a safety option in there.
Okay cool thanks! What safety option would you recommend that’s still a good uni? The only reason I may not put a safety option is because quite a lot of unis were in clearing this year for Econ including Bath.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay cool thanks! What safety option would you recommend that’s still a good uni? The only reason I may not put a safety option is because quite a lot of unis were in clearing this year for Econ including Bath.
Bath might have, what 3 places in clearing out of how many Clearing applicants? its a risk and its not for me to say how low down the league tables you should go for an insurance choice
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't rely on getting in through clearing especially at the top end as there's never a guarantee. Taking Bath as an example, no courses in the uni entered clearing for two years in a row a few years back and this year I believe Econ was filled up within a few hours.
Bazyli
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You’ll need an A* in maths to study economics at UCL. LSE and kings are also good options, along with the others you’ve mentioned
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (23)
17.16%
I'm not sure (3)
2.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (45)
33.58%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.24%
I'm not a current university student (60)
44.78%

Watched Threads