sugs_15
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Heyy yep I'm going to Kent to study Law. Wbu? Have you got accommodation?
Had a look at the freshers events and spoke to my friend who graduated from Kent, apparently the club there 'The Venue' is really good so i'm excited
Giberelli
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m studying Financial economics, no I don’t have accommodation dation yet because It was my insurance not firm, Wby?🤕yeah I’ve heard the same can’t wait!
sugs_15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Giberelli)
I’m studying Financial economics, no I don’t have accommodation dation yet because It was my insurance not firm, Wby?🤕yeah I’ve heard the same can’t wait!
same I haven't yet either cos I applied through clearing. Went for Medicine initially but decided it wasn't for me and made a big change last minute lol. Not expecting a lot since the best rooms have probably gone, but I want to know asap so I can start buying everything.
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sugs_15)
same I haven't yet either cos I applied through clearing. Went for Medicine initially but decided it wasn't for me and made a big change last minute lol. Not expecting a lot since the best rooms have probably gone, but I want to know asap so I can start buying everything.
Hey!

You guys should be receiving accommodation offers in the next week or so If you have a major problem with your accommodation offer, like you can't afford it or want to be in a single gender block, then you can phone up the accommodation office and they'll see how they can help Don't worry though guys, a lot of people are still waiting on accommodation offers so you're not alone and it'll all get sorted soon!
sugs_15
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Hey!

You guys should be receiving accommodation offers in the next week or so If you have a major problem with your accommodation offer, like you can't afford it or want to be in a single gender block, then you can phone up the accommodation office and they'll see how they can help Don't worry though guys, a lot of people are still waiting on accommodation offers so you're not alone and it'll all get sorted soon!
That's reassuring, thank you!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sugs_15)
Heyy yep I'm going to Kent to study Law. Wbu? Have you got accommodation?
Had a look at the freshers events and spoke to my friend who graduated from Kent, apparently the club there 'The Venue' is really good so i'm excited
Heyy, I'm going to Kent to study law too
irajg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! What happens if you've accepted accommodation, and realised it wasn't single-gender which you wanted? Can it be changed once I've accepted or not?
Student Rep Phil
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by irajg)
Hi! What happens if you've accepted accommodation, and realised it wasn't single-gender which you wanted? Can it be changed once I've accepted or not?
Hey,
I just did some research and came across this on the Kent Accommodation FAQs. The page states:

"Due to the heavy demand at the start of the academic year for University accommodation, we regret that applications for room changes are not accepted until early November. Any vacant rooms arising before this date will be offered to any suitable applicants not living on campus, who still need University Accommodation. Any student wishing to apply for a room change must complete the relevant form available at the Accommodation Office Reception Desk in Tanglewood in November.

Please also note that informal exchanges of rooms are not permitted and may result in fines to the accounts of the persons involved.

Room changes in November are not automatically granted, usually due to a lack of suitable vacant rooms, and requests from students living off-campus will still be given priority over room change requests for any vacant rooms.

Please note that there is a charge of £50 to cover the cost of administration and cleaning, once a transfer has been officially agreed, arranged and completed."

I would definitely recommend that you contact the accommodation's team still just to double check and so you can make them aware of your circumstances which will be filed. (Tel: +44 (0)1227 766660)

I hope this helps.
Do let me know if you require further assistance.

Phil
irajg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Student Rep Phil)
Hey,
I just did some research and came across this on the Kent Accommodation FAQs. The page states:
Hii]"Due to the heavy demand at the start of the academic year for University accommodation, we regret that applications for room changes are not accepted until early November. Any vacant rooms arising before this date will be offered to any suitable applicants not living on campus, who still need University Accommodation. Any student wishing to apply for a room change must complete the relevant form available at the Accommodation Office Reception Desk in Tanglewood in November.[/i]

Please also note that informal exchanges of rooms are not permitted and may result in fines to the accounts of the persons involved.

Room changes in November are not automatically granted, usually due to a lack of suitable vacant rooms, and requests from students living off-campus will still be given priority over room change requests for any vacant rooms.

Please note that there is a charge of £50 to cover the cost of administration and cleaning, once a transfer has been officially agreed, arranged and completed."

I would definitely recommend that you contact the accommodation's team still just to double check and so you can make them aware of your circumstances which will be filed. (Tel: +44 (0)1227 766660)

I hope this helps.
Do let me know if you require further assistance.

Phil
Hi!
Thank you so much for your help, it definitely is of use!
sugs_15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Heyy, I'm going to Kent to study law too
oh cooll. Have you got accommodation yet?
wjnjfs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi im going to kent & i've received an accommodation offer, what do you do if you can't afford the deposit yet??
Unk0wn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know any people who went through clearing this year who have actually received accommodation yet?
wjnjfs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unk0wn)
Does anyone know any people who went through clearing this year who have actually received accommodation yet?
i went through clearing and i received my accommodation offer yesterday
Unk0wn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wjnjfs)
i went through clearing and i received my accommodation offer yesterday
How did they tell u? also what you get?
wjnjfs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unk0wn)
How did they tell u? also what you get?
i got a classic ensuite, they told me by email
Unk0wn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i got a classic ensuite, they told me by email
cheers, see you in september
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi im going to kent & i've received an accommodation offer, what do you do if you can't afford the deposit yet??
Hi there!
If you're worried about any of the financial side of things then I'd recommend contacting the University's accommodation team and also the Income office as they may have some systems in place to help students financially I'll leave the links to their contact pages below.
Income office (scroll down and their contact info is on the right hand side); https://www.kent.ac.uk/finance-stude...cts/index.html

Accommodation Office; https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation...mmodation.html
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by irajg)
Hi!
Thank you so much for your help, it definitely is of use!
Just so you know, they say this every year, but I've seen people switch accomodations around this time last year too. If you have a good reason you're unhappy or are up to arguing a bit they will actually do it sooner too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Undergraduate Open Day - Canterbury Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.57%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.9%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.74%
There's nothing they could do (67)
31.46%

Watched Threads