The Student Room Group

Resitting A levels

I’m planning on resitting my A levels as I missed my offer for Med school (AAA)
I got: BBC Biology-B Chemistry-B and Maths- C.
I received offers for Biochemistry and Biomedical sciences but I want to do Medicine. And I understand grad Medicine is much more competitive so this is another chance to apply.
Any advices?
Original post by F1409
I received offers for Biochemistry and Biomedical sciences but I want to do Medicine. And I understand grad Medicine is much more competitive so this is another chance to apply.
Any advices?

Some med schools accept resits.
They may consider the reason for the resits.
It would help if your predicteds were on target.

On certain courses (Biomed being typical) you could transfer into medicine after year 1 results if they had picked up and some unis will stress this although you need to realise its a gamble based on performance and theres no guarantee.

Grad med is more difficult/ competitive.

If I felt I underperformed, then I would resit and study really hard to get the grades needed. You cna try the other routes, but there are no guarantees.
Original post by F1409
Any advices?

Could you please to let me know which U confirmed an offer to you?
Thanks
Reply 3
Queen Mary- Biochemistry and St George’s- Biomedical
Original post by F1409
Any advices?

there is a lot of unis that accept resits please do not give up!
Reply 5
Congratulations!! That’s amazing and wish you all the best. Thank you so much!! I was just wondering what other unis did you apply to that accepted resits?
Reply 6
Original post by sweetietweetie
there is a lot of unis that accept resits please do not give up!

thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending