Cheap and easy uni lunches using protein powder? Watch

help!examstress
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey,

I'm starting uni in a month, vet med at glasgow, and I'm going to be in catered accomodation for my first year. This means I only have to think about lunches and I thought having a protein powder shake would be a cheap way to accomodate this.

I've never used any supplements before (besides Lactase tablets) and I'm not sure whether this would work out financially compared to, for example, peanut butter sandwiches.

Does anyone know of any good and cheap protein powders/recipes where I'd be able to get at least 300 kcal per serving?

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by help!examstress)
Hey,

I'm starting uni in a month, vet med at glasgow, and I'm going to be in catered accomodation for my first year. This means I only have to think about lunches and I thought having a protein powder shake would be a cheap way to accomodate this.

I've never used any supplements before (besides Lactase tablets) and I'm not sure whether this would work out financially compared to, for example, peanut butter sandwiches.

Does anyone know of any good and cheap protein powders/recipes where I'd be able to get at least 300 kcal per serving?

Hey!

I've never tried it myself but something like Huel may work, it's similar to protein powder but a meal replacement shake so you get all the calories and nutrients you need It works out fairly cheap as well as far as I have heard! Although I'm not too sure on the taste...

I would probably go for sandwich, or making up a meal for the week and eating it for lunch everyday - but I'm fussy and can't imagine just having protein shakes for lunch! Depends on what equipment is available in your kitchen, but curries, chillis, chicken and veg etc. will last in the fridge for a while, and if you make a big portion on a Sunday you can take it in everyday and it will work out fairly cheap - definitely under a tenner for at least 5-6 lunches.

Good luck at Glasgow, hope you have an amazing time!
Vibration
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by help!examstress)
Hey,

Porridge - cheap,easy and healthy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (169)
24.56%
Pop (170)
24.71%