The Student Room Group

Feeling very stressed out with everything...

So lately many changes have happened in my personal life. Which have exacerbated my anxiety and poor wellbeing.

- I started a new job in July, in an office, which was very different to what i'd done before.

- Having started this role, I quickly became self-conscious of bad breath. I visited 2 dentists in the space of a 2 months. All of which have said although my teeth weren't in amazing shape there was no sign of anything, I just needed to floss more. I then followed this up with my GP because I was led to believe it was me 'overthinking it' I thought it was psychological or stomach related.

- My tooth just crumbled, which kind of confirms to me that something must have been wrong, but its been missed by the dentist(s). I must have had tooth decay or something. Even though I've been brushing much better, and flossing most days.

- My partner of 6 yrs broke up with me a week ago, and now I am in the position of trying to find a place to move out. Even though I'm paid better in my job, I'm in massive debt, and its going to make it harder to find a place to rent, or even pay the deposit.

- Not to mention the massive mental health struggles im having.

- My DLA is been stopped by the DWP, and I'm been asked to apply for PIP. I've been a lifelong sufferer of Cerebral Palsy, but you wouldn't be able to tell looking at me. I feel like the DWP will award me nothing.

Sorry I just had to rant about everything going wrong in my life. I'm very stressed about everything.
Reply 1
Have you been to your dentist since your tooth crumbled? Are you getting any help for your mental health? Have you got any body who can give you evidence for your support needs regarding PIP?
Reply 2
Original post by Pathway
Have you been to your dentist since your tooth crumbled? Are you getting any help for your mental health? Have you got any body who can give you evidence for your support needs regarding PIP?

It crumbled yesterday so I hadn't been to a dentist. I rang NHS 111. They advised me to get a dentist appt, but in the meantime, buy a temporary filling kit from a pharmacy, but I don't have the money to buy one until payday on Saturday.

Life sucks when your poor, have little money and don't have people that can help you :/

I'm awaiting a referral for counselling via my GP. I have self-referred to another service in my area, and awaiting a telephone assessment.

I'm dreading the PIP assessment, I hear they are brutal. I'm not visibly disabled in the typical sense, but I do suffer from Cerebral Palsy and I walk with a limp, do get tired and fatigued easy and get sore muscles now and then, but I'm pretty flexible and able bodied compared to many sufferers. I dunno what this means for me, but if what I've heard is anything to go by, I'm screwed.

I've even had advice not to go in looking well presented, as it will be twisted.

I've not got any recent evidence. My medical records literally paint a picture that I've steadily improved, and haven't had any complaints regarding my CP, other than a recent report by a consultant to say that he believes my back pains are in relation to my CP rather than the Spina Bifida they suspected. (I'd been having bad back pains for the last year and a half). Had pain killers, anti inflammatories, x-rays, MRI scans.
Reply 3
Original post by royal1990
It crumbled yesterday so I hadn't been to a dentist. I rang NHS 111. They advised me to get a dentist appt, but in the meantime, buy a temporary filling kit from a pharmacy, but I don't have the money to buy one until payday on Saturday.

Life sucks when your poor, have little money and don't have people that can help you :/

I'm awaiting a referral for counselling via my GP. I have self-referred to another service in my area, and awaiting a telephone assessment.

I'm dreading the PIP assessment, I hear they are brutal. I'm not visibly disabled in the typical sense, but I do suffer from Cerebral Palsy and I walk with a limp, do get tired and fatigued easy and get sore muscles now and then, but I'm pretty flexible and able bodied compared to many sufferers. I dunno what this means for me, but if what I've heard is anything to go by, I'm screwed.

I've even had advice not to go in looking well presented, as it will be twisted.

I've not got any recent evidence. My medical records literally paint a picture that I've steadily improved, and haven't had any complaints regarding my CP, other than a recent report by a consultant to say that he believes my back pains are in relation to my CP rather than the Spina Bifida they suspected. (I'd been having bad back pains for the last year and a half). Had pain killers, anti inflammatories, x-rays, MRI scans.

They can be pretty bad, I got pretty lucky with my assessment comparatively speaking I guess. Just explain how it affects you on a daily basis is all I can say. Show how things are for you now in terms of functionality. If you want to talk, you're welcome to message me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending