The Student Room Group

Do you have any questions about starting year 11?

I’m currently awaiting my GCSE results (this Thursday!!) and was wondering if anyone going into year 11 had any questions about it. If that’s the case, feel free to ask away!!

Otherwise, good luck with results day and starting college!
Original post by XHannahR
I’m currently awaiting my GCSE results (this Thursday!!) and was wondering if anyone going into year 11 had any questions about it. If that’s the case, feel free to ask away!!

Otherwise, good luck with results day and starting college!

im gonna go to yr11 this year
do you need to work as hard for your exams than the teachers say you do?
what did you do and what were you predicted in your mocks?
do you think the way you revised worked?
did u make significant progress from year 10 in any subject
was it the best year of your life so far
Reply 3
Original post by The_Loch_Ness
im gonna go to yr11 this year
do you need to work as hard for your exams than the teachers say you do?
what did you do and what were you predicted in your mocks?
do you think the way you revised worked?

Yes you do need to work hard..I suggest revising using the spec, little and often.
I did maths, English Lang, English lit, biology, chemistry, physics, Spanish, history, geography, food prep and nutrition. I was predicted between grades 7-9 in everything.
I think the way I revised did work. I wrote out notes.
Reply 4
Original post by cloud_9_
did u make significant progress from year 10 in any subject
was it the best year of your life so far

I didn’t make any significant progress but I did progress over the years. Year 9 was the best year of my life, in year 10, it’s constantly GCSES this/that etc
What is your best revision method?
What did you do before starting year 11?
How much revision did you put in for your actual GCSEs compared to your mocks?
Original post by XHannahR
I didn’t make any significant progress but I did progress over the years. Year 9 was the best year of my life, in year 10, it’s constantly GCSES this/that etc

i made significant progress in maths. I was on higher and getting Us in the beginning of year 10. I was kicked out of my maths classes but moved up a class because if i moved down then i’d of had to do foundation. I was getting 6s consistently in year 11. My teacher was incredible and if it wasn’t for her, i would’ve failed. I think i’ve come out with a 5 but i don’t know until thursday :/
Reply 7
Original post by taylorhopkins
i made significant progress in maths. I was on higher and getting Us in the beginning of year 10. I was kicked out of my maths classes but moved up a class because if i moved down then i’d of had to do foundation. I was getting 6s consistently in year 11. My teacher was incredible and if it wasn’t for her, i would’ve failed. I think i’ve come out with a 5 but i don’t know until thursday :/

That’s amazing! I’m sure all of your hard work has paid off!
How did you study and revise for your GCSEs can you tell us please?
Reply 9
B8BDBA9E-C3C6-4BD5-9576-F6920009CDC0.jpg.jpeg
959B1143-93FA-41A1-9DD7-464D268EF2BC.jpg.jpeg
8B95D35C-C186-4461-B8A5-822017E381CC.jpg.jpeg
^how I revised
@The_Loch_Ness
@medicalsupernova
@M4N12D33n472
I made notes for everything using the spec
Can I see your flashcards please. I have trouble making flashcards.
Reply 11
Original post by M4N12D33n472
Can I see your flashcards please. I have trouble making flashcards.

For my Spanish speaking, I wrote my answers onto small lined pieces of card. I’ve lost them..
For physics, I made flash cards on Tinycards: https://tiny.cards/decks/ce7cb096-13a2-4686-8155-1528099c24e4
And I also just wrote them out in the same format
What other techniques did you use. Do you know?
Reply 13
Original post by M4N12D33n472
What other techniques did you use. Do you know?

I’ve told you all the techniques I used. There are other ways of revising, but those are the only ways that work for me

Quick Reply

Latest