feeling very depressed about height as a male Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Am very very short for a male and reading some internet stuff, etc makes me feel depressed very lately about my height that I might end up staying single for the rest of my life or that my height might be a deal breaker for girls.

any advice? I'm going into uni in october so I don't want to walk in with an insecurity like this.
m-k1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Am very very short for a male and reading some internet stuff, etc makes me feel depressed very lately about my height that I might end up staying single for the rest of my life or that my height might be a deal breaker for girls.

any advice? I'm going into uni in october so I don't want to walk in with an insecurity like this.
How tall are you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by m-k1)
How tall are you?
166cm (i think that's about 5'5??????)
m-k1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thats not too short, I’ve meant loads of guys who are 5’5 and their personality and confidence (not arrogance) make them literally as attractive as any guy.. i know girls make fun of short guys and say they want only tall guys but it isn’t actually that serious

After all, Mena Massoud is 5’6 but pretty much everyyy girl has a crush on him😍
sadasdasfsfafg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Be confident and dont give a ****
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm 169cm and don't feel any different to anyone else, yes I might be on the smaller end, but that doesn't inhibit me in my day to day life. I have a girlfriend, a lot of my friends who are also around the same height have found girlfriends. So long as you have a good personality and are nice to be around it won't limit you as much as you think it will.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well there is nothing you can do about it so you might as well get used to it. You are not a dwarf and to be honest you are not far short of average UK height for male.

Work on making girls laugh. They always love a funny man.

As an awful postscript, my dad and my uncle ..... Now both passed this life were both 5ft 5. Both were absolute lotharios and had the women hanging on their every word...
username4878202
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Things like this in life are self-fulfilling prophecies if u buy into them; if u don't though it can only be of benefit to u.
Last edited by username4878202; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Dunya
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If a girl chooses a guy because of his height does it sound good?
Muchacho1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is all nothing more than a state of mind. Don t try to be funny or anything, except yourself and stay true and close to yourself. Intelligence doesn t come with height, please have self confidence and start to like yourself!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muchacho1000)
It is all nothing more than a state of mind. Don t try to be funny or anything, except yourself and stay true and close to yourself. Intelligence doesn t come with height, please have self confidence and start to like yourself!
if anything I think intelligence is what I have going for me.

(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Well there is nothing you can do about it so you might as well get used to it. You are not a dwarf and to be honest you are not far short of average UK height for male.

Work on making girls laugh. They always love a funny man.

As an awful postscript, my dad and my uncle ..... Now both passed this life were both 5ft 5. Both were absolute lotharios and had the women hanging on their every word...
Happy to know I'm not that short then haha but honestly when in arguments especially against boys (actually only boys) they tend to pick my height last minute if nothing goes right lol, really demotivates me but yeah.

Only really started to concern myself with my height because of TSR and general internet (actually have had a gf before so yeah)
Anonymous #1
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Lol thanks
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if anything I think intelligence is what I have going for me.

Happy to know I'm not that short then haha but honestly when in arguments especially against boys (actually only boys) they tend to pick my height last minute if nothing goes right lol, really demotivates me but yeah.

Only really started to concern myself with my height because of TSR and general internet (actually have had a gf before so yeah)
As I said - sod all you can do about it. We all have qualities we hate about ourselves - I hate my nose. My sons dislike their baldness, my daughter thinks her nose is too big. Even big stars have hang ups about their looks. We are lucky in this country that all we have to worry about are these minor things - I spent 10 years in Africa where other priorities happen. I am not belittling your feelings, but I think that in your case, success is the best revenge. Seriously - look at Bernie Ecclestone!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

so you're 5ft5 and there is no sugar coating that. but it could be worse, could have a disability as many more people than you realise do
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago

Women don't all care about height. I'm 5'5 and my best friend (male) is the same. He over compensates by acting loud and a complete d**khead really. Just be nice and urself. Dont worry. Lots of girls are short if u prefer that anyway. I've found so many shorter guys hot and never even realised they were shorter until THEY pointed it out.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm 5'1.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
I'm 5'1.
male?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
male?
Female.
MiaNova
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I'm Mia 👋

I just want to say no height is definitely not a deal breaker for me.
Honestly, a lot of us girls prefer a guy to be the same height (or a little taller). Height isn't a big issue so please don't worry about it.
You can't change it so embrace it 😉

Wish you the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (230)
58.38%
No (138)
35.03%

Watched Threads