The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicole138xx
It would take me an hour to travel to uni in the mornings. I only wanna stay home because that’s where my boyfriend and family is.

Original post by swanseajack1
It is really personal choice but an hour away each day is 2 extra hours travelling so gives less time for revision and work and you are less likely to meet friends as you wont be in halls and going out to socials so you wont get the full uni experience. At the end of the day you need to decide whether you want the full experience or whether you prefer to give that up to stay close to your family and boyfriend. Where is South Wales are you from. Is it Cardiff area, west wales or the upper Swansea, Neath or Port Talbot valleys and how do you intend to travel. Be aware it is difficult to park near the Bay Campus. You may need to park on the Park and Ride and catch the bus or walk.

Original post by nicole138xx
Thank you this is a great help! Is it hard sharing a bathroom with other people in university? Do you have experience of living in either HSV or Singleton?

Remember that there are always other options rather than living in Singleton or HSV.
There are other accommodation providers that are closer to the city center and closer to transport links, that would be able to get you home if you needed to!
Living at home can sometimes take away from the full University experience. Take a look at this blog it may help you make your mind up https://www.studentroost.co.uk/blog/disadvantages-to-commuting-as-a-university-fresher
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Anybody applied for Medical Sciences?
Anyone have any offers recently??
Original post by Anonymous

Nope, still waiting 😬

If I were you, I’d contact the university direct, they will probably tell you sooner than waiting for a UCAS update, that’s what happened in my case.
I got my offer lowered about 3 weeks ago. But I got my original offer in October
Original post by Liamwill99
Anybody applied for Medical Sciences?

Hi, I have offered for Applied Medical Sciences with Foundation year. Have u applied already?
Original post by KGB2020
Hi, I have offered for Applied Medical Sciences with Foundation year. Have u applied already?

yes, I have currently firmed my offer from Swansea. Although I haven’t applied for the foundation year.

we have a group chat on Facebook if you would like to join ?
Original post by LiamWill296
yes, I have currently firmed my offer from Swansea. Although I haven’t applied for the foundation year.

we have a group chat on Facebook if you would like to join ?

Oh, Congrats! Yes please, love to join the group chat. thanks for the invite
Hi all!

Just a quick message to say that we have Virtual Open Days coming up for both Postgraduate and Undergraduate study!
Information is as follows:

Register here for our Live Virtual Postgraduate Open Day on Wednesday 10th June
And register here for our Live Virtual Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 20th June

You can expect exclusive access to events such as:
o Department and/or subject presentations
o Live question and answer session with our staff
o Live question and answer session with our students
o Live virtual tours

If you have any questions let me know! hope to see you there :biggrin:
- Mia :smile:
Anyone got a reply about cardiac physiology yet??
After waiting since January for a decision, I found out yesterday that my application for Neurophysiology was unsuccessful 😞 This is the only course I applied to, as it’s the only uni in Wales that offers this course. I have no idea what to do now, other than emailing the college of human and health science for any feedback. No other course appeals to me as much as this one and I don’t want to give up on my dream. Has anyone got any advice?
Your only options are to apply outside of wales, try again in Swansea next year or look for another course. Medical type courses are very difficult to get into. Maybe the feedback might give you some reasons although it might well be there were better candidates.
Anyone got a reply about cardiac physiology yet??

no, i haven't but i've emailed the admissions and they're sorting it out x
Nope, still waiting 😬

you have up until may 20th for them to respond xxx
Reply 195
Original post by LiamWill296
Received an offer yesterday for Swansea’s applied Medical sciences. I plan on following the pathways to medicine and following completion of this course, going on to study GEM here too!

Anybody else in here applied ? Or anybody else following the same pathway?

i also applied! It’s my insurance but I think I might stick to Swansea as I applied to medicine and didn’t get any offers.

hopefully plan to follow through to graduate entry med too
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi all!

Just a quick message to say that we have Virtual Open Days coming up for both Postgraduate and Undergraduate study!
Information is as follows:

Register here for our Live Virtual Postgraduate Open Day on Wednesday 10th June
And register here for our Live Virtual Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 20th June

You can expect exclusive access to events such as:
o Department and/or subject presentations
o Live question and answer session with our staff
o Live question and answer session with our students
o Live virtual tours

If you have any questions let me know! hope to see you there :biggrin:

Many students are getting difficulties contacting all universities at the moment. Is it possible for the university to publish either mobile phone numbers or direct email addresses on its website for each of the colleges so students with queries can contact them.
Original post by swanseajack1
Many students are getting difficulties contacting all universities at the moment. Is it possible for the university to publish either mobile phone numbers or direct email addresses on its website for each of the colleges so students with queries can contact them.

Hey @swanseajack1 :smile:

You raise a great point, and this is something we are currently working on! once it is finalised I'll post it on here.

In the meantime there are several ways you can reach us here in the Enquiries Office:
- Email [email protected]
- Or LiveChat here.
- You can also reach us via Facebook Messenger here
- Or Whatsapp us on: +44 7719 416397

and we'll do our best to help with your queries, or direct you to someone who can!

Thanks for your help. There are lots of people with queries whether universities still have places or why they havent had responses. Putting numbers on the websites and an answerphone message giving a number to ring sounds ideal.
I wonder if we are going to have online lectures for the first term like Manchester Uni have put in place?

Quick Reply

Latest