The Student Room Group

seriously reconsidering what i want to do with my life?

pretty much, i grew up in a household that told me to become a doctor etc... so i focused alot on my school, and next thing you know i finished my GCSEs and now i had this holiday to think what i want to do with my life. it takes a LONG time to become a doctor and i dont think I can commit my life for that long, and it is really competitive, especially if i do a speciality branch. i started getting into Business recently and now i am torn inbetween the two, it will be weird for my relatives to see me change my A levels last minute, as they think i was born to do medicine, what can i do?
say if i want to find something "revolutionary" that can change the medical sector (Like new drug / system) what degree should i take?
thanks for reply, it means a lot
i may have worded it badly, but i still love medicine (my favourite subject in high school was science), i loved science from a young age but these past 2 months i quite enjoyed learning about business
its just that i feel like 10ish years is too long,and it is too competitive
i feel like i am running out of time to change what i want to do with my life as i have 2.5ish weeks till college begins
thank you, your help has cleared my head thank you
Reply 4
There's loads of time and nothing is set in stone. Sure it helps to get it right first time, but who knows where your interests will lie in 10-20 years time.

Many of my friends regret the career path they chose (graphic design) and are now tied down by children and mortgages that to start afresh in something else would be difficult for them. I only start thinking about doing medicine at age 24/25 and only got into med school when I turned 29.

Don't agree to pick any career to please anyone else, do what you feel will be the best fit for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending