Why does he think money gets girls? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I had a good friend who kept giving me expensive presents. I'm not into him and he knows he keeps trying still.
He thinks he can get girls with money. (He is rich)

I've met 5 other girls various ages from me (I'm 21) who received exactly the same presents at the same time.

He is sweet talking to us all but does it innocently so you dont realise how manipulative he is
He makes it feel like we owe him something
The girls told me he is like this with them and flirty and inappropriate
I know all this about him but he doesnt know.
Should I stop being friends with him? He thinks I still think hes pure and innocent but I dont. He is filthy.
How do I get out of this friendship without making it bad for me and issues for me.
Would u still be friends with a guy who thinks showering girls with same presents that he buys on stock will get them?

Am I overthinking it?

How do I end this friendship (I'm in yr3 of uni and see him daily in class)
How do I get him to leave me alone he doesnt know all the girls I've met over 3 years that told me he is doing this with them too
Btw he is ugly
He ruined my mental health and doesnt even know it
He thinks I'm awesome and says good things about me so I feel guilty
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had a good friend who kept giving me expensive presents. I'm not into him and he knows he keeps trying still.
He thinks he can get girls with money. (He is rich)

I've met 5 other girls various ages from me (I'm 21) who received exactly the same presents at the same time.

He is sweet talking to us all but does it innocently so you dont realise how manipulative he is
He makes it feel like we owe him something
The girls told me he is like this with them and flirty and inappropriate
I know all this about him but he doesnt know.
Should I stop being friends with him? He thinks I still think hes pure and innocent but I dont. He is filthy.
How do I get out of this friendship without making it bad for me and issues for me.
Would u still be friends with a guy who thinks showering girls with same presents that he buys on stock will get them?

Am I overthinking it?

How do I end this friendship (I'm in yr3 of uni and see him daily in class)
How do I get him to leave me alone he doesnt know all the girls I've met over 3 years that told me he is doing this with them too
Btw he is ugly
He ruined my mental health and doesnt even know it
He thinks I'm awesome and says good things about me so I feel guilty
He is used to money getting him what he wants and in his own way uses it to manipulate and make up for other shortcomings. Sometimes its learned behaviour and certain people are materialistic. He feels buying stuff makes you feel good and maybe he expects something in return.
Inexperience or cynical way he believes the world works.

Just refuse his presents and cut contact.
You arent interested and he is a negative.
Keep him at a distance or cut him off altogether. Just be less available and ask him to stop sending gifts etc.
Find other people who you enjoy being with more.
Dont stay for the flattery.
You sound inexperienced as well at being assertive and learning to say no.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
He is used to money getting him what he wants and in his own way uses it to manipulate and make up for other shortcomings. Sometimes its learned behaviour and certain people are materialistic. He feels buying stuff makes you feel good and maybe he expects something in return.
Inexperience or cynical way he believes the world works.

Just refuse his presents and cut contact.
You arent interested and he is a negative.
Keep him at a distance or cut him off altogether. Just be less available and ask him to stop sending gifts etc.
Find other people who you enjoy being with more.
Dont stay for the flattery.
You sound inexperienced as well at being assertive and learning to say no.
Thank you this helps
Yes I am and at saying no but only with this guy. Because hes manipulative. Never had this issue before I'm normally blunt af.
We have lots of mutual friends so it's harder cos I see him
I stopped replying to his message 2 months ago but havemt outright said anything about ending friendship
Is this an ok way to go? And wait until it fizzled down
He doesnt realise he did anything wrong so I know will continue getting in touch at special events eg birthdays to invite me which I dont want
But he will never understand the reason why
The money and presents things happened a long time ago so right now me cutting him off is out of the blue so I dont think he will get the point and think I am just busy or whatever
zaraiqbal18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Block any contact on social media so he gets the hint you don’t want to speak and even face to face avoid contact and be dead. Don’t be interested in the conversation. Distract yourself. He isn’t any good. X
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't upset yourself or overthink this.
There are so many people in the world, males and females, who believe that money will buy them anything that they want.
Sex, friends, a partner, contests/awards, attention, religious conversions, media coverage or to jump the queue.
Often people are flattered or willing to do a trade, so reinforce the idea that money does buy obedience.

An ugly or very demanding guy will often rely on his money as an incentive for women to date or have sex with him.
Of course, there will always be women who will agree and women who will not.
Just tell him that you don't want any more expensive gifts and receiving them makes you feel guilty that you can't buy him anything.
He'll probably realise that you are not interested and move on to someone else.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you this helps
Yes I am and at saying no but only with this guy. Because hes manipulative. Never had this issue before I'm normally blunt af.
We have lots of mutual friends so it's harder cos I see him
I stopped replying to his message 2 months ago but havemt outright said anything about ending friendship
Is this an ok way to go? And wait until it fizzled down
He doesnt realise he did anything wrong so I know will continue getting in touch at special events eg birthdays to invite me which I dont want
But he will never understand the reason why
The money and presents things happened a long time ago so right now me cutting him off is out of the blue so I dont think he will get the point and think I am just busy or whatever
Again you lack the ability to be assertive and you create some of your own problems.
You can go on courses or read books on it.

If you are strong and confident you can let go in one ear and out the other.
If you are less so then just avoid and stay away. New phone new email social media etc.
I am not sure what he has done wrong?
In any event if he isnt for you spend your time on other things. Move on and dont waste time on it.
DrFingeringMums
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
There are so many people in the world, males and females, who believe that money will buy them anything that they want.
Sex, friends, a partner, contests/awards, attention, religious conversions, media coverage or to jump the queue.

Often people are flattered or willing to do a trade, so reinforce the idea that money does buy obedience.

An ugly or very demanding guy will often rely on his money as an incentive for women to date or have sex with him.
Just tell him that you don't want any more expensive gifts and receiving them makes you feel guilty that you can't buy him anything.
Well, money can buy all those things and more.:fyi:
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DrFingeringMums)
Well, money can buy all those things and more.:fyi:
Some people are willing to trade in exchange for the money.
Others are not.
DrFingeringMums
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some people are willing to trade in exchange for the money.
Others are not.
Everybody has their price Everything and everyone can be bought. Even you. Money talks.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Everybody has their price Everything and everyone can be bought. Even you. Money talks.
Not true.
I don't sell sex nor offer obedience or religious conversion in exchange for money.
Never have and never will.
My friend is a fundamentalist christian- her religious beliefs mean everything to her, she has little interest in money.
Anonymous #1
Not true.
I don't sell sex nor offer obedience or religious conversion in exchange for money.
Never have and never will.
My friend is a fundamentalist christian- her religious beliefs mean everything to her, she has little interest in money.
I am Muslim so this is why I agree with u. I would never leave my religion to be with him in any way. So thank you for ur advise and being sensitive and not making me feel like a psycho b**ch. I'm not a child and mature enough to make my own decisions. It's hard when someone is manipulative and it's hard to avoid them.
Anonymous #1
I disagree. Money doesnt buy everything. Lol. No one can buy me or anything for me I'm perfectly capable of doing that on my own. Rich people end up with friends who just want their money.
Anonymous #1
Again you lack the ability to be assertive and you create some of your own problems.
You can go on courses or read books on it.

If you are strong and confident you can let go in one ear and out the other.
If you are less so then just avoid and stay away. New phone new email social media etc.
I am not sure what he has done wrong?
In any event if he isnt for you spend your time on other things. Move on and dont waste time on it.
Thanks but I dont have problems being assertive. I'm very mature for my age with high emotional intelligence. Hard for someone to know what I'm going through unless they have gone through it. Its manipulation at the highest level. But I respect the honest advise thank you it helped
Anonymous #1

I agree with u there about ugly guys using money to get girls. He has awful character and no one would look at him twice if he wasnt rich. Thank u a bunch
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zaraiqbal18)
Block any contact on social media so he gets the hint you don’t want to speak and even face to face avoid contact and be dead. Don’t be interested in the conversation. Distract yourself. He isn’t any good. X
I will block him but it will make me look like a psycho because I'm a nice person and all my friends are his. No one would understand why I blocked him. But I will do it!
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks but I dont have problems being assertive. I'm very mature for my age with high emotional intelligence. Hard for someone to know what I'm going through unless they have gone through it. Its manipulation at the highest level. But I respect the honest advise thank you it helped
Afraid you do because you are unable to handle this individual and you are prone to some very basic behaviour. You are inexperienced with people and males.
Anonymous #1
Afraid you do because you are unable to handle this individual and you are prone to some very basic behaviour. You are inexperienced with people and males.
I'm sure all "males" are not the same I would hope. But thanks for ur feedback
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
quite a lot of guys are like that, i knew a guy i went to college with and we went out together for a bit and i didn't know he had a crush on me then but he kept like tryna impress me by telling me his parents are doctors and surgeons and he lives in a big house and has loads of tv's etc and tbf i didnt like him anyway but if anything that put he off him a lot more, he was just a show off and wanted to impress me with all that like just no. i hated his mindset and personality, just ew
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TeenRose29)
quite a lot of guys are like that, i knew a guy i went to college with and we went out together for a bit and i didn't know he had a crush on me then but he kept like tryna impress me by telling me his parents are doctors and surgeons and he lives in a big house and has loads of tv's etc and tbf i didnt like him anyway but if anything that put he off him a lot more, he was just a show off and wanted to impress me with all that like just no. i hated his mindset and personality, just ew
What is this guy studying now? I have 100% same issue
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TeenRose29)
The guy I'm talking about says exactly the same😂😂🤡
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads