bluebunnie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
During A levels I've been consistently getting A*/A's for a level biology and i received a C on results day.

I thought my biology exams went well and i was surprised of my grade. According to my overall marks im in the middle of a C and B and was wondering if its work remarking. I really dont want to go down a grade. :/

Please can i get some advice
Rae5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bluebunnie)
During A levels I've been consistently getting A*/A's for a level biology and i received a C on results day.

I thought my biology exams went well and i was surprised of my grade. According to my overall marks im in the middle of a C and B and was wondering if its work remarking. I really dont want to go down a grade. :/

Do you know how many marks you were off a D? As you'll be very unlikely to go down a grade if it's more than 5 marks and see how close you were to a B because if it is only a couple I'd say it's worth re marking
bluebunnie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rae5)
Do you know how many marks you were off a D? As you'll be very unlikely to go down a grade if it's more than 5 marks and see how close you were to a B because if it is only a couple I'd say it's worth re marking
I think i was 11 marks off a D and 12 marks of a B. Or other way around, but my teachers saw how unusual it was :/
Last edited by bluebunnie; 4 weeks ago
Mustafa0605
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol I was the same for physics. Getting A’s all year then got a C when I least expected it. Not cool!
bluebunnie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
Lol I was the same for physics. Getting A’s all year then got a C when I least expected it. Not cool!
Should i go for a remark?
Mustafa0605
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How many marks were you off the B grade?
Bxrana
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in a similar situation as you! Was consistently getting A's / One or 2 marks off an A in all my mocks/tests etc. for Biology and was consistently getting As in Chem. But ended up getting BB respectively. I personally don't think these grades are correct either as the papers were not too bad. I was 14 marks off A in bio and 8 in chem...

A staff at my college demotivated me from getting them remarked as it's unlikely i can go up 14/8 marks but still feel it's not right!

I'm really surprised.

Let me know if you do get it remarked.
TCL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which Boards were they? Anybody unhappy with Edexcel exams can get their exams officer or teacher to download the scripts and you can go through the mark scheme yourself without incurring costs, then get a re-mark if you find enough potential marks.

Those marks would have to change a lot, so if you pay for a re-mark it should be in the knowledge that it is not likely to be successful, but there is a chance.

If there is no urgency, I would always advise people to get the scripts back and review with the mark scheme and ask a teacher whether there were any marks missing. Getting the scripts costs less than the re-mark. If there is a change of grade as a result of a re-mark, they will refund both the re-mark cost and the access to script charge.
Utd4life0101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Literally in the exact same situation as you! Was it AQA Biology?
bluebunnie
Rep:
?
(Original post by TCL)
Which Boards were they? Anybody unhappy with Edexcel exams can get their exams officer or teacher to download the scripts and you can go through the mark scheme yourself without incurring costs, then get a re-mark if you find enough potential marks.

Those marks would have to change a lot, so if you pay for a re-mark it should be in the knowledge that it is not likely to be successful, but there is a chance.

If there is no urgency, I would always advise people to get the scripts back and review with the mark scheme and ask a teacher whether there were any marks missing. Getting the scripts costs less than the re-mark. If there is a change of grade as a result of a re-mark, they will refund both the re-mark cost and the access to script charge.
I did AQA biology :/
bluebunnie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Utd4life0101)
Literally in the exact same situation as you! Was it AQA Biology?
Yes!
Sm9988
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m in the same situation I was getting As all year in biology and ended up with a C.

Ask for your paper back then you can check to see if it’s worth a remark.

I got my papers back and I made a few big silly mistakes on the 5 markers and the essay.
bluebunnie
Rep:
?
(Original post by sma99)
I’m in the same situation I was getting As all year in biology and ended up with a C.

Ask for your paper back then you can check to see if it’s worth a remark.

I got my papers back and I made a few big silly mistakes on the 5 markers and the essay.
Okay thx that sounds less of a risk. Do you get the script and the mark scheme and go through it yourself or ur teachers?
thewinelake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What's the bigger picture here? Was there an offer? When is the place for? Would a grade upgrade mean you can get your university place? I'm assuming yes, as in all other cases, it's obviously not worth it! Looking to see before requesting remark is not going to be of any use if your place is for 2019....
Sm9988
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Okay thx that sounds less of a risk. Do you get the script and the mark scheme and go through it yourself or ur teachers?
You get your script. I went through it with my teachers as they had the mark scheme.
NogginNone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I recommend that you get a remark. My a level biology went up 5 marks and I got a B from a C
davidskis17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NogginNone)
I recommend that you get a remark. My a level biology went up 5 marks and I got a B from a C
congrats! what board are you?
NogginNone
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
OCR
ullaelfadill
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
im remarking biology too! i was one mark off an A so hopefully i get there
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NogginNone)
I need 5 marks to go up to a B but in aqa Biology. Did you remark all your papers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate