The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan blocked?

I just checked SFE and it says that my maintenance loan has been blocked? And that my tuition is awaiting confirmation. Even though back in June it was fine and said it was scheduled.

I'm a second year student about to leave for my year aboard in 2 days and I needs an answer ASAP..

I did re-register with my uni and my bank details haven't changed since last year when I applied and are exactly the same so it surely can't be related to those.

I've read that this can happen when SFE asks for verification of your National Insurance Number from the DWP.. but from the answers that I've read it only mentioned it happening in 1st year, not second.

I'll definitely call them to clarify, but I thought I would ask here incase I get advice/ a reply before I call tomorrow.
Original post by memesol
I just checked SFE and it says that my maintenance loan has been blocked? And that my tuition is awaiting confirmation. Even though back in June it was fine and said it was scheduled.

I'm a second year student about to leave for my year aboard in 2 days and I needs an answer ASAP..

I did re-register with my uni and my bank details haven't changed since last year when I applied and are exactly the same so it surely can't be related to those.

I've read that this can happen when SFE asks for verification of your National Insurance Number from the DWP.. but from the answers that I've read it only mentioned it happening in 1st year, not second.

I'll definitely call them to clarify, but I thought I would ask here incase I get advice/ a reply before I call tomorrow.

Hi there,

Yes normally it would be in 1st year that payments would be blocked due to the national insurance number being checked. If you contact us on our facebook or twitter channels we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Yes normally it would be in 1st year that payments would be blocked due to the national insurance number being checked. If you contact us on our facebook or twitter channels we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
Claire

I have messaged on Facebook last night but no one has gotten back to me as of yet. I tried calling and it was just a automated message and I couldn't find a way to speak to a person.
Original post by memesol
I have messaged on Facebook last night but no one has gotten back to me as of yet. I tried calling and it was just a automated message and I couldn't find a way to speak to a person.

We're not open on a Sunday but we're working through our messages today. One of my colleagues will reply as soon as they can.
Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
We're not open on a Sunday but we're working through our messages today. One of my colleagues will reply as soon as they can.
Thanks,
Claire

Thank you for your help!
I managed to get through to a operator on the phone and they confirmed that it is blocked because they are manually going to process all three payments in one go to my bank account as I will be on a year abroad :smile:
Original post by memesol
Thank you for your help!
I managed to get through to a operator on the phone and they confirmed that it is blocked because they are manually going to process all three payments in one go to my bank account as I will be on a year abroad :smile:

Glad to hear this has been resolved now! Anything else we can help you with please let us know!

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending