Jbuttz1113
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m moving into housing at Ulster University Coleraine in a week. I’m staying in student housing, and the walls are a hideous yellow color. The handbook says that we are not to hang anything on the walls. Should I go ahead and do it anyway? Or do you have other suggestions? I want to put removable wallpaper on the walls
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. Respect the rules they've put in place. They're there for a reason.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jbuttz1113)
I’m moving into housing at Ulster University Coleraine in a week. I’m staying in student housing, and the walls are a hideous yellow color. The handbook says that we are not to hang anything on the walls. Should I go ahead and do it anyway? Or do you have other suggestions? I want to put removable wallpaper on the walls
Yeah go ahead and put stuff on the walls. Just expect to lose you deposit and to pay for the damage at the end of the year.

What are you a toddler who needs pwitty pictures on his wall to get to sleep
Jbuttz1113
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Yeah go ahead and put stuff on the walls. Just expect to lose you deposit and to pay for the damage at the end of the year.

What are you a toddler who needs pwitty pictures on his wall to get to sleep
More like a student from America who wants pictures of family and friend when they get homesick and doesn’t want a wall the color of baby ****.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jbuttz1113)
More like a student from America who wants pictures of family and friend when they get homesick and doesn’t want a wall the color of baby ****.
Well tough. Rules is rules. For gods sake you have the internet. Just get a scrolling photoframe
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You’ll normally have a pinboard to out things on.

Removable wallpaper is a massive firerisk.
StaffsUniGee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there!

A lot of unis have this rule, unfortunately. They need to protect their accommodation, as - if people keep sticking stuff on the walls - they could end up having to repaint the rooms every year to cover up the damage from the blue tack.

If you have a wardrobe, you can usually get away with sticking things on there, the same goes for your door. Also, as PQ said above, pinboards and noticeboards are a great idea. You can prop one up on your desk and cover it in photos. Same goes for photo frames.

- Gee
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can put stuff on the walls, but then you'd lose your deposit and probably have to pay for any damages/fines. It isn't worth it. You will have a notice board you can pin stuff on. You're only there for a year, so you can cope with the wall colour just fine.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is normally a notice board to pin stuff
You could use wall tape to put stuff up (shouldn't mark) but I can't guarantee that it won't. Most people deal with not having stuff on walls so you can too
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Neither of UU's halls in Coleraine look like they're painted baby sick yellow though?
https://www.ulster.ac.uk/accommodati...tudent-village
https://www.ulster.ac.uk/accommodati...gal-knocklayde

Universities do paint the walls :yes:
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I used Commandstrips and whitetack to put up a few pics and posters. It depends how strict they are though, you could lose your deposit for very minor marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?